How Crowded?

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Gold member

"Overcrowded"?? This always puzzles me. This is a LOW-density housing with every home being single-family and single-story, on its own lot with its own single-owner garage and driveway.

With no condos and no multi-story housing buildings, AND with no more than two residents per home in most cases, I think everyone here is as spread out as could be possible while making single-family home ownership possible for so many people who can't afford a home on a 1-acre lot.

Try going out for dinner and parking your car and then getting into a restaurant in Sarasota downtown, or at St. Armand's Circle. We love it there, but living there is a whole other story!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I believe that number was promulgated prior to the Fruitland Park expansion, and the recently announced northern expansion.
What's the new projection? I heard 110 when I was shopping 2 years ago. [i think]
Old 03-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
What's the new projection? I heard 110 when I was shopping 2 years ago. [i think]

I heard the same thing 2 years ago. I would think at least 115K.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Most snowbirds leave just before the love bugs arrive in May and don't come back until the love bugs have departed the end of September.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I have to agree with you. Even in season we are lucky to be here in TV. And after April 1 it is just a dream here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
[/B] SHHHH!!! DBUSSONE. Don't let out that information, they will just stay longer!! Just kidding!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yeah, DB, button up!
Too late, I've marked on my calendar to stay for the month of April!

60% of residents are full time, but many travel during the summer.
40% are seasonal residents.
Like most people, "I heard this from a reliable source".
Old 03-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Toooo crowded. They are still telling new people that the villages will be built out at 125,000 I just sold my house and was told by a village realtor that it will never be built out. As land becomes available at their price they will continue to buy and build,so why are they still lying to people? The units they're building are high end therefore more people year round. I think the. Bubble has burst,time to sell people.......
Old 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow1 View Post
Toooo crowded. They are still telling new people that the villages will be built out at 125,000 I just sold my house and was told by a village realtor that it will never be built out. As land becomes available at their price they will continue to buy and build,so why are they still lying to people? The units they're building are high end therefore more people year round. I think the. Bubble has burst,time to sell people.......

Aptly named SCAREcrow. What's the deal????
Old 03-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds like you already have sold. I think you are way off the mark, but I wish you well wherever you land.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Although everyone has their own sense of being over crowded, your suggestion is a little over the top don't you think? We should all consider moving now because someone finds it too crowded? Reminds me of many years ago when my mother would insist I wore a sweater because she was cold.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Sage

When I was shopping 2 years ago, the sales rep told me the least expensive designer in the new section was going to be twice as much as i paid for the alamanda.

i realize the village sales team has to say what they are told.

it was the only thing he said that seemed fishy to me.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:33 PM

I don't sense any sort of conspiracy here. I think the Sales Agents deliver the most recent and accurate information they are provided with. Things can and will change dictated by opportunities and circumstance.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
I don't sense any sort of conspiracy here. I think the Sales Agents deliver the most recent and accurate information they are provided with. Things can and will change dictated by opportunities and circumstance.
There ya go.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

I think "overcrowded" is a matter of perspective. I am originally from central long Island, which has turned into one giant megapolis. Restaurant lines--hours, movies--you might not get in, golf---excluding private clubs which cost a fortune, there are 9 18 hole courses and 4 9 hole courses, with residency restrictions for a population of 2.7 million.
I now live in a town of 35,00 with 2 18 hole courses in a 7 mile radius and 2 grocery stores
So, from my point of view, 12 championship and 35 executive courses, 10 or so grocery stores, 3 movie theaters, dozens of restaurants, boutiques, and the like (as well as enough Walgreen's, nail salons, and First Citizen's Banks to service the state of TEXAS lol) for 80-110K residents is like a ghost town.
I was down there in Feb, as well as last Oct--the difference was noticeable but nothing draconian. I don't really see the difference between a town of 10K with 1 grocery store and 100K with 10 stores as far as crowding is concerned, and with size restaurants and stores are readily available. Try finding any of the big box or department stores in a town of 10K. And everything can be a golf cart ride away!
Maybe I'll think differently when I'm full time this fall, but for now, just sayin'
Old 03-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Sage

Overcrowded??? Try the Long Island Expressway (aka 495) on a Snowy Friday afternoon. The worlds longest parking lot.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

The L.I.E.-----been there, done that. In fact, 12/27/2010---Tappan Zee Bridge to central Nassau county (about 35 miles), normally takes 45-50 min took 6 hrs and 45 min 2 days after a snowstorm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.