How to deal

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2016, 10:44 PM
Default How to deal

Closing is within a week. Mortgage company doesn't say yes on loan yet, no yes for sure, just we will close on the date... probably.

How have other people handled the pressure?

PS: I am not good dealing with things I cannot control and for this I have to depend on others.

Do I just sit on my hands.
Do I make travel arrangements now hoping for the best.

Help TV, help!
Old 11-29-2016, 11:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Just look at the facts Joe Friday, when it come to the money its pretty easy to read the tea leaves. Its easy for anyone else to say because we're already over the finish line but I'm sure you'll be fine. It's a part of getting here. The suffering your experiencing just makes the landing even sweeter. Hang in there! Give us the good news as soon as you close.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS33 View Post
Closing is within a week. Mortgage company doesn't say yes on loan yet, no yes for sure, just we will close on the date... probably.

How have other people handled the pressure?

PS: I am not good dealing with things I cannot control and for this I have to depend on others.

Do I just sit on my hands.
Do I make travel arrangements now hoping for the best.

Help TV, help!
Who is your mortgage company? Are you confident you completed all necessary paperwork? Will you be at closing in person? I think you will be fine.Peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2016, 01:17 AM
Sage

That's it JLS33 it's a lock everything is gonna be fine...if Fraugoofy hits you with a Peace Out at the end of the reply good things are all lined up! Sleep Well.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

if you have great credit history and put down 25% or more , and have the means to pay back the loan, one would think its a done deal
Old 11-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

If you are using one of TV banks and title company for closing and they are proceding to the closing date there is no problem!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 AM

I went with an outside the villages mortgage company, was approved for the loan, informed them if money was not there on closing date they would be responsible for all penalties. Money was there on closing date.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:13 PM

Stress is building. I keep getting the silliest requests like bank statements that a cashiers check has cleared (how could it not?), then I keep being told I will be called at a certain time, then they just do not call. I don't think I ever want to go through this stress again. How do people sleep at night?

Under 1 week from closing, ticket bought to fly in, still no answer from the mortgage company. And I do not want to say who the mortgage company is except to say that they are the ones who are supposed to take care of veterans. Maybe I need to stop believing the advertising.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If a VA or FHA loan, the odds of closing on time are slim, but hang in there. It will happen.

As to the cashier's check, they're no longer as secure as they used to be, so it is now common practice to wait until the check has cleared. The required documentation is a royal pain in the tush and definitely adds stress. Until the lender is satisfied that all t's and i's are crossed and dotted, full approval won't be given. You know your credit history and down payment, so you should have a pretty good idea if you qualify. It is just a matter of the lender getting verification of everything.

You might try asking if they are missing any verifications or confirmations. If so, from whom. Then call the people responsible and light a fire under them. That's usually the hold up.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You wouldn't be sweating if you had chosen Citizens.

Them's the facts.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:48 PM

Well, I know I am in the middle of it, so I'm emotional to it, but in a couple months, whatever happens, it will be a memory and hopefully a good one!
Old 12-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS33 View Post
Well, I know I am in the middle of it, so I'm emotional to it, but in a couple months, whatever happens, it will be a memory and hopefully a good one!
My youngest son just closed on a home in Texas and used USAA. They are first time home buyers, I am happy to report they actually survived and closed yesterday. It is an incredible hassle because our society is a train wreck. Imagine Certified Funds not being trusted. Double and triple checking things till the finish line. I just went through similar pressures waiting for the money from our New Jersey sale after we arrived in TV. Like you pointed out it will all just be just a part of your story shortly. Best Wishes!
Old 12-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We closed with Bank of America the first time, one day late bank paid penalty.

We closed with citizens the second time and there were minor issues but taken care of by closing date.

Close with citizens for the third time things were going smoothly smoothly then nine days before closing three things had been forgotten by the bank and it was a quick scrambling by all to get it done. Panicking on my part for that 9 days but citizens finally did get everything straightened out.

So no matter what bank you use you may still be having a nail biter time.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I took it as a learning experience. I learned that if I ever buy another home in The Villages, it will be pre owned. I'll never buy another new home from POTV.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Our first home was new in TV's many years ago and things went very smoothly, we sold that home recently and bought our preowned home through them also and no problems at all, everything went as smooth as glass. We 've been happy all 3 times I'm sure all will go well... it usually always woks out in the end but no matter it is stressful for sure!
Closed Thread

Tags
control, dealing, things, good, arrangements

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.