How did you discover The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Sage

Through a friend, and some would say, the rest is history, but I say,

"I WAS HISTORY".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Sage
Default Live, Love and Laugh

If you are down here with your old friends and family too, I couldn’t be more jealous.

Last edited by tomwed; 10-14-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM

We were looking near Orlando to buy a place to retire during the housing dip, but couldn't find anything we were crazy about. We remembered that friends of my parents had rented in TV, so we decided to drive up and take a look. When we pulled into Lake Sumter Landing we were amazed. A trolley ride later, we were hooked.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

We were spending the weekend at Dell Webb and went to Billies Cafe for breakfast and heard folks talking about TV. They directed us to the sales center in SS. And that was the end of the story.

This was, by the way, before there was anything South of 466 (not466A). They had just completed making 466 a four lane road.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:06 PM

2 years before we retired, my wife and I went to the SS office to review our accounts. We did not have a clue on what we would do when we grew up. While standing in line, a man in front of us turned around and said I made it I finally made it and am retiring and moving to the Villages, he was extremely exited and went into great detail about the Villages. We went home and looked up the Villages and it was hard to believe what was presented. Anyway we ordered the information and for the next couple of years tried to fined out as much info as possible, good and bad. This year we rented for a month in February. Fell in love with the Villages and then purchased a re-sale in Lynhaven, we will be arriving on Oct 20. Can't wait to be there.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:01 PM

Back in the 90's, we were on a cruise and a couple that joined our breakfast table told us about the place where they lived in Florida had all of these golf courses and lots of activities. I am not sure, but it was probably TV. We didn't think much about it until I read an article in Wired magazine a few years ago that discussed how golf carts were being used in TV. We started researching and eventually decided on a lifestyle visit. One thing lead to another and here we are.

We did not move to TV because we wanted to live in Florida. We moved to Florida because we wanted to live in TV.

Don
Old 10-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Dad! Thanks Dad!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.