How do I get ARC application form?

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2020, 06:44 PM
Default How do I get ARC application form?

We are closing on our house in a few weeks and want to be able to get the application form and have it ready the same day as closing to change some minor landscaping. Does anyone have a contact information or website?
Old 11-27-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

All you need is a printer, an envelope and a stamp. Usually get a reply in 2 weeks.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...pplication.pdf
Old 11-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
We are closing on our house in a few weeks and want to be able to get the application form and have it ready the same day as closing to change some minor landscaping. Does anyone have a contact information or website?
Minor landscaping such as planting a rose bush removing a dead plant, etc. doesn’t require ARC approval.
May save a lot of effort by just giving,
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
A call.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 11-27-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

OP both excellent replies, and thank you for being proactive. The deed restrictions are a little different in the different CDDs, so what you find acceptable in one area is specifically forbidden in another area. You can get a copy of your specific restrictions when you call. Welcome to The Villages.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:27 AM

Thank you for your responses! We are buying a Courtyard Villa and want to remove a strip of grass in the front yard and replace it with rock since we will only be there part time. All of the neighbors have done this, but want to play by the rules and get approval first!!
Old 11-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
Thank you for your responses! We are buying a Courtyard Villa and want to remove a strip of grass in the front yard and replace it with rock since we will only be there part time. All of the neighbors have done this, but want to play by the rules and get approval first!!
I see you're moving to Tamarind Grove. I also live in a courtyard villa in TG, bought a new masonry Durham in 2011. We have somewhat of a unique village, we have 5 courtyard villa communities, I'm in the one on golf course side of St. Charles. We have no patio villas but Buttonwood right next door has one community with I believe 250 patio villas. Good luck on you're new home.

On my street of 13 villas, everyone removed their grass but one, and I don't believe anyone ever got ARC approval. I did get ARC approval when I changed the outside color, it was one of the 21 colors that we were approved in 2015, but I thought it was best to get it approved.

The only courtyard villa that I heard about having problems with removing grass, was this year a $700,000 CYV down at LSL overlooking Lake Miona, instead of rock, they installed $4,000 worth of artificial grass and didn't get approval. One person complained and they were forced to remove it or face fines of $150 a day. This is how it looked and I think it looked great. This was posted about before in the spring and over 150 posters commented and 99% thought it should stay.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
closing, form, application, information, minor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.