How do Villagers do it ?

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
So why do we tip? Is it a thank you for what someone has done? Is it an expectation of continued service more than what should be expected? I got my mail when I expect to get my mail. I paid for my trash removal and it was removed. What is the true reason for a tip? Do I want my mail first? Do I want some unacceptable trash removed? Do I want my hotel room cleaned first?

I tip well and sometimes to get something in return. That could be Quid pro quo or bribery. Woe is me!
Sometimes just to say thank you for work well done, -for work we ourself either rather not do or cannot do.

Lately I tipped my house minder because they consistently think of things I don’t and do it before I ask, and the plumber who came out immediately even though I caught him when he was looking after his young children. My locksmith helped me with the fridge, the mover rearranged my very heavy furniture for free.... it just goes on and on.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

We do this every year. We will do this again next year in Oct. or Nov.

From post #16 over a month ago - "Those of us that want to tip..... find a way! Those that don't..... find an excuse!"

I think that says it all.
Closed Thread

Tags
season, tip, holiday, guy, appreciated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.