How Do You Approach This ?

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2017, 05:09 AM

I'm not keeping any numbers for documentation, but it does seem like much of the crime in TV seem to be committed by adult looser children of folks who live here. Not all by any means, but a lot.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I'm not keeping any numbers for documentation, but it does seem like much of the crime in TV seem to be committed by adult loser children of folks who live here. Not all by any means, but a lot.
Absolutely! So correct, a very disproportionate amount. Neighbors know who the losers are. Very often they have a long criminal record.

Btw, Some of it is committed by those OVER 18 but not yet 19, living here illegally...... just saying. lol
Old 03-02-2017, 06:24 AM
Sage

Honest question...where are you hearing of all this crime by age 19+ residents of TV? Some published statistics? Where is this information being obtained?

Last edited by Polar Bear; 03-02-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Sage

You hear about it when the "Daily Sun" reports that a Villager, over age 18 and under age 55, was cited for a crime, and you put two and two together. Sometimes the miscreant is so young that he's probably living his grandmother. I doubt the "Daily Sun" keeps statistics.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I know of MANY good, law abiding, productive young people who live here. However society in general has a lot of young people living with parents and they might have drug addiction, or over protective parents who didn't take that course on fanny kicking required to make folks independent.

It is hard not to jump to conclusions when the mugshots anywhere show a ..........trend. I think that is common sense to see that there is a problem with many young people working and living independently and staying inside the law these days.

I watch Judge Judy. (Better than a graduate degree in Sociology)

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-02-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
You hear about it when the "Daily Sun" reports that a Villager, over age 18 and under age 55, was cited for a crime, and you put two and two together.
In this case, two and two may equal five.
Unfortunately. we almost always hear about the miscreants who get reported for a crime and end up in the news.
These kids live with overprotective parents who don't practice tough love.
I agree, there is no way the miscreants should be living in The Villages.

We don't hear about the many good kids living with their parents. Don't tar all children living with parents with the same brush.
I don't know any of the miscreants, but there are lots of good children, minding their own business,
living with parents in The Villages.
I personally know three grown children who each live with their parents for very good reasons.
Each of the three grown children is very reputable, loving and responsible.

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-02-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judicialwatcher View Post
What should or can TV management do about problem children (adults that never grew up) causing problems in TV? When their kids are on their last leg and they have burned all their bridges in their hometown, Mom and Dad tell them to come to TV and parasite off them while they get their life together. Then they start causing trouble here. My solution is to have TV management go visit the homeowners and lay down the law. Legally, there is not much that can be done, but putting a homeowner on the radar and turning up the heat is a start.
Any ideas?
I find that suggestion disturbing. Harass and intimidate, really?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I find that suggestion disturbing. Harass and intimidate, really?
Agree. Especially for a "problem" that appears to be a very few isolated incidents. That's what law enforcement is for.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judicialwatcher View Post
What should or can TV management do about problem children (adults that never grew up) causing problems in TV? When their kids are on their last leg and they have burned all their bridges in their hometown, Mom and Dad tell them to come to TV and parasite off them while they get their life together. Then they start causing trouble here. My solution is to have TV management go visit the homeowners and lay down the law. Legally, there is not much that can be done, but putting a homeowner on the radar and turning up the heat is a start.
Any ideas?

Easy fix. Just get 30 other like minded people that have been victimized like yourself. Next, contact an out of state legal firm that specializes in this type of law. Now file a class action law suit . . .
Old 03-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I'm not keeping any numbers for documentation, but it does seem like much of the crime in TV seem to be committed by adult looser children of folks who live here. Not all by any means, but a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
Absolutely! So correct, a very disproportionate amount. Neighbors know who the losers are. Very often they have a long criminal record.

Btw, Some of it is committed by those OVER 18 but not yet 19, living here illegally...... just saying. lol
Got any facts to support those statements?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Got any facts to support those statements?
http://www.**************.com/villag...-to-golf-cart/

As you know ***=Villages dash news

I know of one other personally I just found out about pm if you want the name and address if you are willing to do the reporting.

I am sure there are many others.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
http://www.**************.com/villag...-to-golf-cart/

As you know ***=Villages dash news

I know of one other personally I just found out about pm if you want the name and address if you are willing to do the reporting.

I am sure there are many others.
I wasn't meaning individual instances. I am interested in facts to support the statement that more crime is committed by people under a certain age than older.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I wasn't meaning individual instances. I am interested in facts to support the statement that more crime is committed by people under a certain age than older.
No one said more, it's disproportionate. .... And that is obvious to anyone that reads.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 PM

Let the police do their job.

Again, and I say this offend, don't throw rocks if your closet is glass.
Closed Thread

Tags
causing, management, start, homeowners, trouble

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.