How do you deal with the closeness of the homes?

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: How do you deal with the closeness of the homes?

We love our Courtyard Villa too. We think Villas are beautiful.! :bigthumbsup: Our dogs love Villas too..
Tampa, FL
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Sage

Avista & Fran .. My two doggies also picked out a Courtyard Villa for us, they refused to live anywhere else. ;D We are very social and friendly people, but we like to roam around in our pjs in the morning, and we're not the prettiest sight in the world! We looked at Ranch houses and we liked them, and thought of plantings for privacy. But we were told by the Developer Sales Rep that everything planted had to be approved by a committee. Yikes. So let's hear it for Villas! :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM

My wife and I are coming down in Oct. to check out the villa, we/she decided I should quit complaining about not having a fence. For our little dogs. So the only choose is a villa?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Platinum member

Buc, When we came to visit we told ours sales rep we only houses we wanted to see were Courtyard Villas. We had a Villa in Tampa, and our little dogs really liked it. I didn't want a house where I had to walk my dogs all the time.

Villas have so many good points.
1. Wonderful for dogs.
2. The courtyard villas come with ceiling fans and window treatments in each room
3. When you get ready for bed or want to walk around the house in your PJ's, no need to close the blinds.
4. My husband cuts what little grass we have with an electric mower. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
5. There is quite a nice selection in Courtyard Villas. We looked at a number of preowned ones.
6. Eventually decided on a new Savannah--Stoneybrook.
7. You can decide on either the vinyl siding Keys or the cement siding Savannahs.
8. Lots of models to choose from.--We selected the Stoneybrook (AnaMarie in the Keys)
We liked the double sink in the bath, and the abundance of tile on the floors. We also preferred the closed kitchen. It comes both open and closed. Eveywhere my husband eats, he leaves crumbs (can't understand it :dontknow The closed kitchen has room for a kitchen table in the kitchen on tile. The open kitchen is also very nice and has room for a breakfast bar and dining table. They are both on carpeting. As I said, my husband does better eating on tile. Other models have sliding door to the lanai from bedroom.

9. There are so many beautiful designs. Each design has something another doesn't.

10. Probably the lot is one of the most important things. Some back up to neighbors, some to a street and some to a golf course. The golf course homes have a low fence in back. I know my Boston would jump right over it, so didn't consider this.

11. My husband and I use one of our 3 bedrooms for an office. We both have computers. I sit at my computer and look out the window that overlooks the street. I see everything that is going on and love it.

Keep an open mind. Most of us who live in Courtyard homes, love them.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Sage

Buc, unfortunately if you want a fenced backyard, the only choice is a Courtyard Villa. Other people have used invisible fencing or "tethering" their dog. I bet there has been a high demand for fenced yards (especially for those of us who have pets or desire more privacy), and the Developer is offering CVs as their solution to that need. I think you're purchasing at a good time ... prices in TV seemed to have really decreased! Good luck with finding your special home!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.