How do you feel about people renting in TV this summer?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 08:38 PM

Come on down! We are from Ohio & ended up moving here . Love it 😍
Old 05-29-2020, 09:51 PM

You are always welcomed in The Villages no matter when. July will be hot but it will probably be that way in Ohio also. C'mon down.
If the COPID-19 is still going on, things will not be back to normal yet.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Yes. Easy answer.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Oh I so agree with you. First time I'm here for various reasons after memorial day. I hate heat - I'm one of those that will never acclimate. For those who want to experience this - warm the oven to 350 degrees F and stick your head into it. It's the same feeling as opening the front door after 9 AM.
No you really need a pan of water in the oven for the humidity!
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-30-2020, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

If you don't bring the virus with you then come on down. It's hot, it's humid, rains now late everyday. Lots of renters here from NY and I try to stay away from them. I feel sorry for them but at 74 I don't want the virus.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:28 AM
Veteran member

If you're from the South like me the heat is just the heat in Summer. I play champ golf in it three days a week. Humidity is good for you. Makes you sweat and get the bad stuff out of your system. The people that were here in Central FL before us were mostly farmers who grew crops, plowed the fields and cultivated in the heat. If you get here and don't like it there is an old Southern saying.." Delta is ready when you are"!
Old 05-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Sage

absolutely not true. I'm originally from massachusetts and since I moved here 9 years ago, I play outside year round.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:17 AM
Default We're alright don't nobody worry about us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
I read your first sentence and was feeling bad for you and your family.
Then I read the rest of your post and I'm absolutely mystified.
If you consider it "horrible" news that your wife was laid off, I'm assuming it's relatively important to your family that she soon finds a new job and continues to bring in money.
If that's the case, I'm finding it hard to understand how you can in any way justify spending the time and money for a month long vacation in Florida.
On the other hand, if losing her job is not a problem, why did you even mention it?
We are fine financially, physically and emotionally. How are you? Thanks for your concern.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newchapter View Post
The house next door to us has turned into a rental. We don't like it. The most recent renters were from the UK that brought other people over during the height of lockdown.
You must live close to me. Yes, they were absolute jerks. Pool parties etc.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newchapter View Post
The house next door to us has turned into a rental. We don't like it. The most recent renters were from the UK that brought other people over during the height of lockdown.
Stop sll rentals...
Old 06-07-2020, 10:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Long term renters always welcome. Short term AIRBNB renters stay away.
Gosh, I still work full time. I get 10 vacation days and 3 floating holidays per year because of a job change almost 5 years ago. I have rented in The Villages quite a few times for 7 to 9 days for the past several years...I have never caused a problem with any of the homes I rented. I turn 60 in a few months...my wild and crazy years are in the distant past. I still hope to make The Villages my home in a few years. This kind of post saddens me.

I was planning on renting in The Villages for 8 days in September. Because of COVID-19, I am on the fence about renting in September. Maybe October would be better for my visit. Unsure of what to do.

Checked on the 14 day self quarantine rule for Florida . . . that is only applicable for visitors from or have traveled through New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 06-08-2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Updated info.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
So I live in Ohio and my wife got laid off horrible news right. We were thinking of coming down to TV for the month of July. Do you welcome us? Or feel we shouldn't be there right now????
From a Villages wannabee, if you are considering becoming a full-time resident of The Villages, renting in the summer is a good idea to see how you acclimate to the heat and humidity. I have rented several times in The Villages during the summer months just to see how I would do, because if/when I do move south, I will be a full-time resident as I cannot afford to be a snowbird.

Yes it is consistently hot and humid in Florida in July, but I would rather deal with heat and humidity than a Chicago winter. That is just my 2 cents.

I just read your post that you have a rental for July. Enjoy it!

Last edited by Schaumburger; 06-07-2020 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling error.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:00 AM
Default Similar situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
From a Villages wannabee, if you are considering becoming a full-time resident of The Villages, renting in the summer is a good idea to see how you acclimate to the heat and humidity. I have rented several times in The Villages during the summer months just to see how I would do, because if/when I do move south, I will be a full-time resident as I cannot afford to be a snowbird.

Yes it is consistently hot and humid in Florida in July, but I would rather deal with heat and humidity than a Chicago winter. That is just my 2 cents.

I just read your post that you have a rental for July. Enjoy it!
My wife Laura and I have rented three other times for a week to ten days. We are also limited with our mutual schedules and vacation. Our experiences in renting short term in TV have been amazing and very pleasant, no pool parties. lol. We are from Cleveland area but have many relatives in Chicago so I understand your winter blues. Thanks for responding. Enjoy your opportunities to rent in TV.
Craig
Old 06-08-2020, 07:50 AM
Thumbs up

I am a renter. In process of buying a house. Let me say I have never been made to feel so welcome anywhere. Come on down.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

If you're from the South then heat is part of the Summer. Never bothers me. If it bothers you I would suggest some where North.
Closed Thread

Tags
feel, thinking, coming, month, july

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.