How does one delete a thread......

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Veteran member
Default How does one delete a thread......

note to self don't post while still stewing
Old 02-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

You can go in a delete your own post. I have done this when a fellow villager pointed out something I stated could be interpreted in a way I had not intended. It will ask you a reason for editing the post.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

thanks
Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
note to self don't post while still stewing
Give yourself credit...excellent advice!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

But you can't delete the post by yourself. You can only erase what you posted, replacing it with a couple of keystrokes.

You could contact admin and ask them to remove it, though. In the last two weeks, two threads have been completely removed... By whom I don't know. I'm assuming a mod.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
But you can't delete the post by yourself. You can only erase what you posted, replacing it with a couple of keystrokes.

You could contact admin and ask them to remove it, though. In the last two weeks, two threads have been completely removed... By whom I don't know. I'm assuming a mod.
AND many of my not controversial posts were deleted in the last two weeks.

Something changed two weeks ago. Has the forum changed hands?????

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-15-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

SOMETHING changed two weeks ago. Has the forum changed hands?
Seems like something is different.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Give yourself credit...excellent advice!

Anyone who has more than a few posts wish sometimes they hadn't put themselves out there, but hey, this is a forum for our thoughts and there isn't a one of us who hasn't been annoyed by something or someone or notice that people from other areas have a different way of doing things and sometimes that way is annoying to what we are used to.

I am annoyed by people who park in fire lanes in front of rec centers and grocery stores. AND get out and go in. I haven't noticed if they are all from Minot, North Dakota, but even if they were, what could we do?

I wonder what planet people are from who block the aisles in grocery stores and meditate about the tuna?

I know for a fact, that everyone from Ohio is well brought up, honest and ethical and has perfect manners, but I can't seem to get that across to Walter and a few other folks.

We DO have geographic differences in behavior and speech and expectations sometimes. I had not noticed that Canadians were prone to blocking the streets in the squares, but believe me, I will keep my eye on Barefoot now after it has been pointed out. But I think she is from a different province.

We all get annoyed on here and sometimes don't say the right stuff and make a call we shouldn't.

We are all subject to foot in mouth disease or typing while angry. It is wonderful when someone admits it.

It is o.k. Joldnol. Hugs.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

As I recollect there was a time on this forum when one could not delete a post. I know. I had just completed posting and received a PM from a kind poster who informed me that I left a letter out of one word. To my embarrassment it was an ugly swear word and I make it a habit to never swear. I immediately contacted Admin and had the post removed. Shortly thereafter the delete option was introduced. to this day I still feel very flush when recollecting that incident

I just can't type on a laptop as I did on a desk top keyboard or a typewriter
Old 02-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
I wonder what planet people are from who block the aisles in grocery stores and meditate about the tuna?
My all time favorite in the grocery store is the guy on the phone with his significant other saying "well all I can see if a blue box, not a green box"...

I feel like tearing the phone out of his hand and throwing it in the back room and telling him to take the green box and get the h... out of the way! But, I don't .............

When my other half goes to the store for me instructions have to be typed in triplicate with explicit instructions on which aisle and whereabouts in that aisle, with the price .............. If he does not see exactly what I have written he comes home with nothing and I have to go to the store myself! He does not "do" phone instructions.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:

Something changed two weeks ago. Has the forum changed hands?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Seems like something is different.
I think its been colder, at least in the morning......................
Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I think its been colder, at least in the morning......................
Yeah, that's it.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Sage

I have to admit that I made a couple of posts when not in the best state of mind, but I chalk it up to being human.............

I usually try to wait and post when I am more reflective of others points of view, that I don't agree with.......

Sometimes, I just need to leave the forum for a while.........and won't be posting in the political forum........

Most of the time I have to admit that I am amazed at how some people walk around, that don't have a clue, there are other people, in the world......

I see it everyday, whether in a grocery store or out and about......

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
My all time favorite in the grocery store is the guy on the phone with his significant other saying "well all I can see if a blue box, not a green box"...

I feel like tearing the phone out of his hand and throwing it in the back room and telling him to take the green box and get the h... out of the way! But, I don't .............

When my other half goes to the store for me instructions have to be typed in triplicate with explicit instructions on which aisle and whereabouts in that aisle, with the price .............. If he does not see exactly what I have written he comes home with nothing and I have to go to the store myself! He does not "do" phone instructions.
madelaine: if that incident occurred at Winn Dixie the other day it was me and my hubris won't admit that I need a type written instruction
Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

I hate the lady who squeezes every loaf of bread. I don't want anyone squeezing the loaf I might buy. [was that too strong?]
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.