How Early Can Lawn Mowers start?

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2020, 05:22 AM

I'm surprised you didn't just ask your neighbor if they would mind having their lawn service come at 8 instead of 7 AM instead of the lawn service guy.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchs View Post
I just had a confrontation with my neighbor's lawn company and wonder what recourse- if any- we have with them waking us up at 7 AM every week with an extremely loud mower. I thought they were supposed to wait until 8 AM to start, but the guy told me 7 AM was the allowable time. Is he right?
Also, I am sure he has taken off any muffler that came with the machine, none of the other lawn services around us are as loud as this one. Is there a decible level threshhold that is considered an upper limit?
Ok. Heres a guy that is probably counting his blessings that he still has a job and income during this pandemic and is working his butt off in the heat to put food on his table and pay his bills. Many of us are lucky and are retired with enough money saved or monthly pensions so we dont have to worry where our next meal is coming from. Hes not out robbing banks or mugging people. He has a legit manual labor job. I think instead of complaining about noise, we should be asking him if he would like a bottle of water. The lawn maintenance people are the ones who keep our neighborhoods looking good. A little noise at 7am which isnt an ungodly early hour and is within the guidelines can be tolerated on certain days. Theres more important things to complain about than a loud lawnmower
Old 08-12-2020, 06:24 AM

Golf course mowers start at 6
Old 08-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Ok. Heres a guy that is probably counting his blessings that he still has a job and income during this pandemic and is working his butt off in the heat to put food on his table and pay his bills. Many of us are lucky and are retired with enough money saved or monthly pensions so we dont have to worry where our next meal is coming from. Hes not out robbing banks or mugging people. He has a legit manual labor job. I think instead of complaining about noise, we should be asking him if he would like a bottle of water. The lawn maintenance people are the ones who keep our neighborhoods looking good. A little noise at 7am which isnt an ungodly early hour and is within the guidelines can be tolerated on certain days. Theres more important things to complain about than a loud lawnmower
Plus 1!
Old 08-12-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I just had a confrontation with my neighbor's lawn company and wonder what recourse- if any- we have with them waking us up at 7 AM every week with an extremely loud mower. I thought they were supposed to wait until 8 AM to start, but the guy told me 7 AM was the allowable time. Is he right?
Also, I am sure he has taken off any muffler that came with the machine, none of the other lawn services around us are as loud as this one. Is there a decible level threshhold that is considered an upper limit?
7 AM unfortunately is the time they can start. I hate it too Wear earplugs and it will dull the sound.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Lawn mowing everyday!
Old 08-12-2020, 06:41 AM

I SO agree!! I feel bad for the landscapers/lawn service guys but really feel for the roofers/pool installers! Just hope they are drinking enough water. These guys are just trying to make a living, working hard, battling the heat, I appreciate them keeping personal yards looking good and the Villages looking great with all the flowers, trimming, weeding, list could on forever!
Old 08-12-2020, 06:46 AM

We put a box fan in our room and turn it on for white noise. We weren’t used to living with houses so close together and the noises that came with that, such as landscapers, vehicles, as well as the early trash pickup. It really helps.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:49 AM

Can you ask your neighbor to ask them to come later? It would be so nice if communities got together, selected one company and got it all knocked out in one day! THAT would be the day I'd be running my errands and hanging out at the pool!
Old 08-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you've ever worked outside especially in the Summer 7AM is not to early to start period. One day a week to be woken up a little early is no big deal believe me. Been there done that. By noon time it's so damn hot you can hardly breath. This is as bad as the post a while back from the guy complaining about the roofers start to early because they were waking him up! Try a day in those workers shoes! Geeze
Old 08-12-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It wasn't too long ago that we lived in a normal suburb where most households mowed their own lawns (other than hiring neighborhood kids), and no one would dare start loud machines before 8AM. Mowing occurred on weekends if in the morning, or after supper/before 8pm on weeknights.

Whether it was allowed or not, that was the polite thing to do. We mow our own lawn in the Villages and don't start the mower til 8.
I would say that we're lucky just waking up for another day!!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I need a hearing aid as I am profoundly deaf.
When they are not being used, the massed pipes and drums of the Highland Division would not disturb me, let alone a souped up lawn mower.
There are some advantages for being Mutt'n'Jeff.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
If you've ever worked outside especially in the Summer 7AM is not to early to start period. One day a week to be woken up a little early is no big deal believe me. Been there done that. By noon time it's so damn hot you can hardly breath. This is as bad as the post a while back from the guy complaining about the roofers start to early because they were waking him up! Try a day in those workers shoes! Geeze
I’ve been programmed to wake up at 5AM for 48 years, I can’t sleep pass 7am even if I say up to 4am.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
They start before daylight on the golf courses.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:09 AM

Maybe you could change your schedule, and go to bed early, like probably most of the older people? Then, you could go outside and do things in the summertime before it gets too hot?

I have a bad habit of staying up late, till or after midnight. I had that same bad habit when I was still working over two years ago, when I had to wake up for work at 4:30 AM. I was tired at work, walking around like a zombie!

Now, after I retired, I still stay up past midnight, but I get a lot more rest, and feel well rested everyday, waking up at 8 or 9 AM. I could sleep even later, but the sunlight through the window blinds keeps waking me up earlier.

I used to work 3rd shift decades ago, and I had total darkness blinds in the old house, so I could sleep in the middle of the day. But sometimes the neighbors lawn mowing woke me up.

It’s not easy to change your bedtime and wake up time, but I think your overall quality of life would be better if your schedule followed the daylight schedule. You can always record TV shows that are on late at night, and then you can watch them the next day, plus skip the commercials.

It’s hard to break the bad habit of staying up too late, and waking up late in my retirement years. But I’m still working on changing my sleeping schedule. I want to be able to wake up much earlier, so that I can do stuff outside, after we move or start snowbirding in Florida. Sleeping late really wastes good days, when you could be doing stuff outside before it’s too hot.

Last edited by davephan; 08-12-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, loud, start, time, allowable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.