How far do you go to protect your outdoor plants from frost?

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Been in Gilchrist for 6 years now. Some of our plantings over the years (now dead or thriving...) may not be frost resistent, but we loved the look. After losing some early on, I typically don't take a chance now.

Forecast for 34 or so I moved 3 potted plants into garage, and covered 4 flowering plants and our braided Bougainvillea that is just flowering again. Just to be safe. Glad I did, noticed frost on our neighbor's roofs. And when going out for the paper earlier, frost on our front grass. Only took 25 minutes to move and cover the plants. Better safe than sorry.
Where did you get the cover for your braided bougainvillea? I have one about that size that I don’t know how to cover. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb.callow View Post
My thoughts on FreezePruf
I searched Lowe’s, Home Depot and Amazon and can not find this product. Wonder where they got it.
I just looked on Amazon...... Out of stock
Old 12-02-2020, 02:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Fowler View Post
Where did you get the cover for your braided bougainvillea? I have one about that size that I don’t know how to cover. Thanks.
It was a DIY thing. 2 old fitted bed sheets with the elastic (the mattress sheet part). They work great esp with the elastic holding around enough. In case of winds I put a rope around too. works great.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

Unless the temps are expected to drop below freezing for more than 4 hours, I haven’t found it to be a problem. Even my peace lilies survived. They look shocked because they are. But for the most part they bounce back.
Closed Thread

Tags
plants, frost, outdoor, pots, brought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.