How Far Do You Travel. . .?

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Sage
Default How Far Do You Travel. . .?

Some posters on TOTV said The Villages may be getting “too big.” Others are happy or neutral about the growth of TV. One person posted on another thread that he stays pretty much within a 5 mile radius of his home in TV, so growth of The Villages doesn’t really affect or bother him.

What is the farthest you travel within The Villages to attend a class, a club, or golf on a regular basis (say at least twice a month). And do you get there by golf cart, car, motorcycle or bike? Do you normally stay within a few miles of your home in TV, or are you willing to regularly travel a fair distance (10 or more miles) from your home to another location within The Villages to participate in an activity you really enjoy?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We live in LSL and frequently go to SS and Brownwood by golf cart.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 AM

We live in Osceola Hills and have gone by golf cart once to Spanish Springs--about 50 to 55 minutes. We travel by golf cart within the Villages from Osceola Hills to play golf at Glenview and Hacienda Hills; to play at Lopez or Orange Blossom, go by car. Most locations within the Villages, weather permitting, for shopping, dining, golf, etc south of 466 we go by golf cart. The distance from our front door to the entrance to Fenney via Morse/468 is the same distance as from our front door to Mallory Hill. Build the MMP.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Unless it's a crappy day the golf cart takes me anywhere I want to go in The Villages. If there's a reason to go somewhere I go. Live in Bonita have been to the far North end a few times, Spanish Springs and Brownwood often. When the new side opens I may go by cart just to see how to get there by cart. Have been to Feeny a few times just to see it not much for me to do there yet.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Yes TOO Big ...Worry about overbuild and falling home prices.
What we were told when buying and the reality of a build out have not come to light
Just expansion after expansion
Often think about getting out while home prices are still commanding a good price.
But on the other hand there's no place like the Villages
Old 07-12-2018, 06:29 AM

We live near LSL, and will travel around in the golf cart, although we usually take the car to SS or BW. My husband's favorite activity is Disney, so we drive just over an hour for that. The Villages is not really that big if you are used to living somewhere like Orlando or another large city! People here just complain if it takes too long in a golf cart for them. It's all relative.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Sage

8 miles twice a week to MVP in SS via car
Old 07-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Default How far do you travel

When we first bought thought we would use a golf cart to go everywhere. Bought two. After 4 years, got rid of one cart and bought another car. Trips longer than 15 minutes got to be a pain going up and down in the tunnels. One cart works fine going to the closest town center for groceries, movies, gas, etc. There are more occurrences where we need two cars and very few where we need two golf carts. If the wife and I both play golf at the same time, the other golfers have carts also.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Wherever my cart will carry me.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:34 AM

I have 21,300 miles on a cart that will be 4 years old this month. Go anywhere and play from Lopez to Belle Glade. So it may take awhile to get somewhere. Plan accordingly and enjoy the ride. Since retirement there are no more time restraints.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Yes TOO Big ...Worry about overbuild and falling home prices.
What we were told when buying and the reality of a build out have not come to light
Just expansion after expansion
Often think about getting out while home prices are still commanding a good price.
But on the other hand there's no place like the Villages
I personally don't get the theory that growth will ultimately lead to falling home values. I believe that there will always (as long as most of are alive) be demand for homes in the villages above 44. There are a fairly finite number of homes in this part of TV and there will likely always be retirees that find it to be their preference. As for Shaumburger's question, I travel by golf cart north to LSL, and south to Brownwood. I don't take the cart north of 466 - go by car to SS and shopping, eating etc. in that area. For one thing I find Morse to be extremely dangerous for carts, especially at night. (Yes, I know many will not agree, but that is my personal assessment.) I live close to Colony and since neighborhood WalMart, Aldi and Lowes opened, most of my needs are met with a short commute. I have about fifteen exec. golf courses within a fifteen minute golf cart trip so I play those almost exclusively. Fenny and DeSoto are nice places, but for me, they are like Mt. Dora - a place to visit a few times a year.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We are positioned between SS and LSL. We have EVERYTHING we need around us. My usual needs take me from 441 to 466a and I take the car. The golf cart takes me golfing and that is about all it is used for!!!!!

I have been to Fenney - not impressed and will probably never see any of the other southern villages. I have it all right here!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Live near Palmer and travel by golf cart to all courses. Cart to LSL and SS also. South of 466A usually by car.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

@Schaumburger, I don't have a golf cart so am perhaps skewing the results again. I generally stick to the Southern Trace/Laurel Manor area where I live. The most I probably travel is to LSL or the Medical Plaza/Sharon Morse building for health care. If I go to Orlando or neighboring cities for dining or entertainment, someone else drives.

I have a 2011 car with around 4,100 miles, so ...
Old 07-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Sage

40 minutes max is the most I'll drive my golf cart, (one way). Anything more than 40, I'll take the car. If it's raining, I'll go by car. I don't like riding in my cart when it is enclosed as I love the fresh air.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, travel, home, miles, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.