How to FSBO when not in TV?

How to FSBO when not in TV?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Platinum member

I would not risk the internet solution. If I was a bad prospect I could override your system and come back and do what I wanted in the home.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

To me, the whole idea of selling a house remotely with no one to show it is a bad idea.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To me, the whole idea of selling a house remotely with no one to show it is a bad idea.

I agree. Unless you have a trusted friend or relative, why not wait until you return?

I hope you have some nice photos and post on Zillow when you’re ready. It’s not easy to market a FSBO here. We sold ours to the first Zillow inquiry. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Veteran member

From a foreign buyer’s point of view: we do not know the Florida system, the real estate system, the legal system etc. Florida is known for scams, swamps etc. How do you know who to trust?
There was a lovely FSBO great price too. But... I didn’t know anyone so I was afraid to get involved... I ended up working with real estate people who turned out to be hard to work with and I needed to constantly involve several other people and this forum to make sure I got everything right without being taken advantage of too much. I still overpaid about $20K more than if I had known how the system worked. I love my house, it was worth it, but I will do it differently next time.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:05 PM

Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

This sounds like an accident waiting to happen.. Are you familiar with Florida real estate laws ? Have you bought and sold real estate in Florida and other states ? Are you capable of negotiating and completing needed repairs ? Have you staged your home ? I'm not a realtor . never have been .. and I've done many sales in numerous states.. but there are many situations where hiring a professional will save you time, money and grief. There are many people that will brag about how easy it was and how much money they saved. Those that had disasters and law suits aren't quite as brave to stand up to ridicule ..

Best of luck to you.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I would not risk the internet solution. If I was a bad prospect I could override your system and come back and do what I wanted in the home.
Well friend with all due respect they can not "override your system". They could place a foot against your door jam and override your door. But hack into a well designed system, no. A brick through your window, yes. That would be a window overide.

Why do I know this? I have this system and, well, you do not.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Judging from your responses to comments from others, I will assume this is your first "rodeo" and are pretty much totally inexperienced in selling a house.
I would not suggest or recommend to you that you try to sell this property on your own, especially since you are not living in the home.

You would be far better off and it is much safer to list the house with a Realtor.
You need things like a Seller's Disclosure, a title company, etc., and help in general.
You are being pound-wise and penny-foolish. Don't be so cheap.
Not being here leaves you open to many obstacles and only God-knows-what.

Don't be foolish. List your house with a reliable company and tried and true Realtor!!!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Judging from your responses to comments from others, I will assume this is your first "rodeo" and are pretty much totally inexperienced in selling a house.
I would not suggest or recommend to you that you try to sell this property on your own, especially since you are not living in the home.

You would be far better off and it is much safer to list the house with a Realtor.
You need things like a Seller's Disclosure, a title company, etc., and help in general.
You are being pound-wise and penny-foolish. Don't be so cheap.
Not being here leaves you open to many obstacles and only God-knows-what.

Don't be foolish. List your house with a reliable company and tried and true Realtor!!!
Be careful with assumptions, you may be wrong. Actually you are wrong. My first TV home I bought and sold FSBO. In that case the owner was the next door neighbor who bought it to rent but decided that he didn’t like being a landlord. When we decided to sell he agreed to handle it for us. Both transactions were handled by McLin Burnsed and Peninsula Title and our sale was done long distance. Buying and selling TV property FSBO is easy peasy. Simply contact McLin Burnsed and they will email you a 17 binding contract for you and the buyer to fill out and they take it from there. My original post was simply inquiring about whether anyone knew of some service that would help since we are not down there right now.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
Be careful with assumptions, you may be wrong. Actually you are wrong. My first TV home I bought and sold FSBO. In that case the owner was the next door neighbor who bought it to rent but decided that he didn’t like being a landlord. When we decided to sell he agreed to handle it for us. Both transactions were handled by McLin Burnsed and Peninsula Title and our sale was done long distance. Buying and selling TV property FSBO is easy peasy. Simply contact McLin Burnsed and they will email you a 17 binding contract for you and the buyer to fill out and they take it from there. My original post was simply inquiring about whether anyone knew of some service that would help since we are not down there right now.
It seems reasonable to question 6% of your hard earned money to go for a few showings.

Did you have any luck with a home watch class of service doing the showings?

I read here that Mclin no longer handles fsbo closings, if true any other title company will handle this..

Tags
fsbo, buyer, serious, notice, property