How to FSBO when not in TV?

How to FSBO when not in TV?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-07-2019, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
What is the best way to FSBO when you are not on property? We can come down with a little notice for a serious buyer.
I sent you a PM

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
Be careful with assumptions, you may be wrong. Actually you are wrong. My first TV home I bought and sold FSBO. In that case the owner was the next door neighbor who bought it to rent but decided that he didn’t like being a landlord. When we decided to sell he agreed to handle it for us. Both transactions were handled by McLin Burnsed and Peninsula Title and our sale was done long distance. Buying and selling TV property FSBO is easy peasy. Simply contact McLin Burnsed and they will email you a 17 binding contract for you and the buyer to fill out and they take it from there. My original post was simply inquiring about whether anyone knew of some service that would help since we are not down there right now.

My comment was NOT based on any "assumption." It was based on your comments which reeked of inexperience and lack of knowledge.

It is quite unfair to ask a neighbor or friend to take on the responsibility of showing your house or handling anything concerning the potential sale of your house. What if something is stolen, broken or . . . . . who knows what??? Perhaps they aren't giving the right answer to a question and a potential buyer is turned off by what they say?

I still stand by what I've said. Hire a Realtor and pay the commission. You'll get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To me, the whole idea of selling a house remotely with no one to show it is a bad idea.
As a retired real estate estate broker, there are times when it makes sense to hire a realtor and pay the commission.
This is one of those times.

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-07-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think you should hire a realtor and pay the commission.
Ditto...
Old 07-07-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
It seems reasonable to question 6% of your hard earned money to go for a few showings.

Did you have any luck with a home watch class of service doing the showings?

I read here that Mclin no longer handles fsbo closings, if true any other title company will handle this..
Yes, I would like to save that 6%, especially since homes sell so easy in TV. Seems like a waste to give away that much money for so little effort on the agents part.

I haven’t connected anyone yet. I’m waiting until I can come down next month.

McLin does still handle FSBO closings. I contacted them last week and they emailed the docs to me. 17 pages.

Tags
fsbo, buyer, serious, notice, property