How to FSBO when not in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To me, the whole idea of selling a house remotely with no one to show it is a bad idea.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I would not risk the internet solution. If I was a bad prospect I could override your system and come back and do what I wanted in the home.
Well friend with all due respect they can not "override your system". They could place a foot against your door jam and override your door. But hack into a well designed system, no. A brick through your window, yes. That would be a window overide.

Why do I know this? I have this system and, well, you do not.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Judging from your responses to comments from others, I will assume this is your first "rodeo" and are pretty much totally inexperienced in selling a house.
I would not suggest or recommend to you that you try to sell this property on your own, especially since you are not living in the home.

You would be far better off and it is much safer to list the house with a Realtor.
You need things like a Seller's Disclosure, a title company, etc., and help in general.
You are being pound-wise and penny-foolish. Don't be so cheap.
Not being here leaves you open to many obstacles and only God-knows-what.

Don't be foolish. List your house with a reliable company and tried and true Realtor!!!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Judging from your responses to comments from others, I will assume this is your first "rodeo" and are pretty much totally inexperienced in selling a house.
I would not suggest or recommend to you that you try to sell this property on your own, especially since you are not living in the home.

You would be far better off and it is much safer to list the house with a Realtor.
You need things like a Seller's Disclosure, a title company, etc., and help in general.
You are being pound-wise and penny-foolish. Don't be so cheap.
Not being here leaves you open to many obstacles and only God-knows-what.

Don't be foolish. List your house with a reliable company and tried and true Realtor!!!
Be careful with assumptions, you may be wrong. Actually you are wrong. My first TV home I bought and sold FSBO. In that case the owner was the next door neighbor who bought it to rent but decided that he didn’t like being a landlord. When we decided to sell he agreed to handle it for us. Both transactions were handled by McLin Burnsed and Peninsula Title and our sale was done long distance. Buying and selling TV property FSBO is easy peasy. Simply contact McLin Burnsed and they will email you a 17 binding contract for you and the buyer to fill out and they take it from there. My original post was simply inquiring about whether anyone knew of some service that would help since we are not down there right now.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvaughn View Post
Be careful with assumptions, you may be wrong. Actually you are wrong. My first TV home I bought and sold FSBO. In that case the owner was the next door neighbor who bought it to rent but decided that he didn’t like being a landlord. When we decided to sell he agreed to handle it for us. Both transactions were handled by McLin Burnsed and Peninsula Title and our sale was done long distance. Buying and selling TV property FSBO is easy peasy. Simply contact McLin Burnsed and they will email you a 17 binding contract for you and the buyer to fill out and they take it from there. My original post was simply inquiring about whether anyone knew of some service that would help since we are not down there right now.
It seems reasonable to question 6% of your hard earned money to go for a few showings.

Did you have any luck with a home watch class of service doing the showings?

I read here that Mclin no longer handles fsbo closings, if true any other title company will handle this..
Old 07-07-2019, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
What is the best way to FSBO when you are not on property? We can come down with a little notice for a serious buyer.
I sent you a PM

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:

My comment was NOT based on any "assumption." It was based on your comments which reeked of inexperience and lack of knowledge.

It is quite unfair to ask a neighbor or friend to take on the responsibility of showing your house or handling anything concerning the potential sale of your house. What if something is stolen, broken or . . . . . who knows what??? Perhaps they aren't giving the right answer to a question and a potential buyer is turned off by what they say?

I still stand by what I've said. Hire a Realtor and pay the commission. You'll get what you pay for.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To me, the whole idea of selling a house remotely with no one to show it is a bad idea.
As a retired real estate estate broker, there are times when it makes sense to hire a realtor and pay the commission.
This is one of those times.

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-07-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think you should hire a realtor and pay the commission.
Ditto...
Old 07-07-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
It seems reasonable to question 6% of your hard earned money to go for a few showings.

Did you have any luck with a home watch class of service doing the showings?

I read here that Mclin no longer handles fsbo closings, if true any other title company will handle this..
Yes, I would like to save that 6%, especially since homes sell so easy in TV. Seems like a waste to give away that much money for so little effort on the agents part.

I haven’t connected anyone yet. I’m waiting until I can come down next month.

McLin does still handle FSBO closings. I contacted them last week and they emailed the docs to me. 17 pages.
Closed Thread

Tags
fsbo, buyer, serious, notice, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.