How long before new houses are on Google Maps?

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2021, 02:42 PM

The only problem with Waze is it will have you make dozens of lefts and rights to save a minute.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
We are buying a new construction house in the Hammock at Fenney. I'm wondering how long it takes for the new streets and addresses to be added to Google Maps for deliveries etc.

I’m in Vill. of St. Catherine. My home is on Waze but not in Garmin. Garmin is blank for a few miles radius. I called Garmin. She asked if I would give permission to use my address and propagate all roads around it, I said of course. So when will my area show up on Garmin? She said “soon, you should see it in about 12 months.”
Old 11-30-2021, 03:02 PM

Google maps seems to be working for bicycle/ golf cart (somewhat) guidance.
The villages GPS or villages navigation both haven't worked for me.
House maps I haven't seen anywhere yet also.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:10 PM
Default Adding places to google maps

Anyone can add a new place to google maps. I have added new rec centers, new restaurants and new roads. They have an elaborate reward system for people who do this with titles like local guide level 8 and master photographer, expert reviewer, etc. They occasionally offer a discount on something they are selling and once offered a free pair of local guide google socks. I view it as a hobby. Photos I have added to locations now have 36,160,360 views. Yes! 36 million!
Old 12-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Default edit google map

search for how - I added a couple streets & my house
Old 12-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Default Use Waze

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
We are buying a new construction house in the Hammock at Fenney. I'm wondering how long it takes for the new streets and addresses to be added to Google Maps for deliveries etc.
We found that suggesting delivery drivers use Waze as opposed to Google maps. Google took over a year to update roads in Chitty Chatty!
Old 12-01-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

The Villages has repeatedly offered the layout of the areas planned but not built, including street names, house numbers, and GPS coordinates to the mapping companies. They have consistently refused to use that data in updates of their maps until their ‘mapping cars’ drive the streets and photograph the areas themselves.

The answer to your question is, as soon as the mapping companies drive the area and create their own mapping data.

Tags
maps, long, google, wondering, addresses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.