How long can we park a boat and trailer on the driveway

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiragirl View Post
No one wants to see a boat and trailer parked in the driveway. Next will be rusted out cars parked on the front lawn
Agreed
Old 01-02-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlampert View Post
I would like to know how long we can park a boat on a trailer in our driveway?
Thanks for the response.
I can’t stand cars parking in driveway and I believe that should not be allowed for an extended time period . I’m not living in queens or any city !! It makes the area look very seedy !!! That’s why we all have 2 car garage
Old 01-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riamd1954 View Post
I can’t stand cars parking in driveway and I believe that should not be allowed for an extended time period . I’m not living in queens or any city !! It makes the area look very seedy !!! That’s why we all have 2 car garage
I don't like seeing them either but a lot come down here with more stuff than they have room for so it ends up in the garage until they decide what to do with it. Most of the villas do not have 2 car garages and there are lots of cars parked both on the driveways and the streets which I don't think is allowed.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Suppose you have three cars or maybe four
Old 01-02-2020, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Responsible residents do what they are supposed to....and responsible neighbors are usually understanding that neighbors have needs to prep/clean/etc recreational toys.

Unfortunately the grumps always make it an issue (where none exists). Fortunately they are in the minority....but as usual present their gripes as a general condition.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Veteran member

Wow!
Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr
Default Boat & trailer

It is 3 days for an RV - I believe it's the same for a boat/trailer. Check your deed restrictions.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:37 PM

Repeating what was already stated, each area has its own set of restrictions and you will need to check yours or call Community Standards. That said, in checking my own restrictions it clearly states that "no truck in excess of 3/4 ton, camper, boat, trailer or aircraft, or any other vehicle other than a private non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space except a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed". Guess that explains why I have never seen any boats in the driveways in the six years I have lived here.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

My deed restriction for my area doesn’t seem to allow a boat to be parked anywhere but in the garage for any length of time.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

Quote:
Wow, what exactly are driveways for? I don’t like my neighbors AIRBNB rentals parking on my sprinkler heads on owr front lawn. But if someone wants to park a car in their driveway, go for it.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
There are communities that do not allow overnight parking on driveways. This seems to be an important issue to you. Maybe find a place that better meets your needs.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:33 AM

Breaking of the rules like this will always take place here mainly because when buying people need to be told to read the rules. Being a bad neighbor is not the case when turning something in that is a violation. Our homes are considered residential and not commercial where business are run out of homes with vehicles with it all over cars parked in the driveway and things like boats or mobile homes parked at length. I know a person who walked up to someone in violation of the rules and nicely informed of it. The persons response was, mind your own business. Here's reason the good neighbor has to call. You even get use to turning your head the other way or do what you have to do.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:22 AM

Wow...thank you everyone for your helpful responses. I went to the Villages District office and spoke to the Community Standards desk..yup, boats on trailers are NOT allowed to be parked on the driveway for any length of time (mine was to be for 2 days). And ONLY R/V's or "utility trailers" are allowed for 72 hours.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:41 AM

I'm following this thread with interest because we are considering buying a 2019 Winnebago Era 70A class B coach that will also serve as our 2nd vehicle. Our 1st vehicle is a 2-seater. Will I be allowed to park this in the driveway (it won't fit in the garage due to the height of the vehicle)?. It's 22 feet long and looks more like a mercedes benz van than an rv. Will I be the "bad" neighbor on the street if I park this in my driveway? We are specifically shopping for an end patio villa on one of the no outlet streets that you typically see in the patio villa neighborhoods in an attempt for a more private driveway (with the intent of parking this 22 foot van in the driveway). This is a $100k coach so before I buy that I'd really like to get input from Villagers on whether they would find it offensive/annoying if their neighbor had this type of coach parked in their driveway. I really need to coach accessible to use every couple of days so I don't want to put it in a storage lot. I'll do the research to see if I can legally park it in my driveway but I really don't want to be that annoying neighbor that everyone complains about.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Default 72 hours

You can park a camper or boat for 72 hours in your driveway.
Closed Thread

Tags
trailer, long, driveway, boat, park

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.