How Long have you lived in the Villages?

View Poll Results: How long have you lived in the villages?
I do not currently live in TV 19 20.65%
I have lived in TV one year/season or less 16 17.39%
I have lived in TV for 2 to 5 years 27 29.35%
I have lived in TV 6 years or longer 30 32.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Veteran member

Still a newbie @ 2 years. I remember when there was nothing but dirt south of 466A. . Seriously, I'm amazed at the growth and changes that have taken place in the short time I've been here. I am really enjoying hearing the stories from those who have been here for a long time...hope to hear more.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Still a newbie @ 2 years. I remember when there was nothing but dirt south of 466A. . Seriously, I'm amazed at the growth and changes that have taken place in the short time I've been here. I am really enjoying hearing the stories from those who have been here for a long time...hope to hear more.
Here's one Skybo- the road we all know as Rolling Acres at the corner of Walgreens and Home Depot going to 466 used to be a dirt road years ago. If you had a Jeep, you could go down it but otherwise, not good. I used to live in Wildwood and worked at the Daily Sun production plant on Rolling Acres. I had to drive all the way to 441 and work my way from there. Before Target and such were there, it was only a drug store (Eckerds) on the corner next to the Fiesta Bowling Alley. When that road was finally done years ago-

I did the Happy Dance!!! I brought my Mom here from Orlando in 2000 and she bought a house in Oak Meadows, behind Target. At that time, it was all woods all the way until 441.

Memories!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Gold member

15 months!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSGompers View Post
Here's one Skybo- the road we all know as Rolling Acres at the corner of Walgreens and Home Depot going to 466 used to be a dirt road years ago. If you had a Jeep, you could go down it but otherwise, not good. I used to live in Wildwood and worked at the Daily Sun production plant on Rolling Acres. I had to drive all the way to 441 and work my way from there. Before Target and such were there, it was only a drug store (Eckerds) on the corner next to the Fiesta Bowling Alley. When that road was finally done years ago-

I did the Happy Dance!!! I brought my Mom here from Orlando in 2000 and she bought a house in Oak Meadows, behind Target. At that time, it was all woods all the way until 441.

Memories!!!

Wow! That's hard to even envision. Thanks USS!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Nine years.
btk
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.