FREECYCLE

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Gold member
Default FREECYCLE

Hi Everyone,

Red mentioned in her post about Freecycle the email address is Freecycle-LakelandFL@yahoogroups.com.

This is an excellent site. It is a place where people post either what they need or what they are giving away. There is no exchange of money. The purpose of the organization is to keep items out of land fills.

We have found this such an easy way to pass on items to people who want them without trying to sell them or having a yard sale. Less hassle.

On one of our items, a covered trailer, one person took it, used it and then passed it onto the next person on the list. They needed the trailer for a one time use.

Red, thanks again for mentioning this.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: FREECYCLE

I love freecycle. Used it a lot in California, especially before I moved. There, there is little asking for things but lots and lots of giving. I got a lot of my moving supplies from freecycle (think that alone saved me a couple of hundred dollars), got rid of a lot stuff that were truly appreciated by those who got them.

Here, I got the bike (not quite as advertised but I'll see if I can fix it) and a phone charger for Jess's phone. I've already given away a bit of clothes to the Ocala freecyle group (didn't know there was Lady Lake one at first).

So, I'm with HB -- use it if you can. It really is a great way to help others and keep things out of landfill. There are many here who are truly in need. Freecycle is one way to help them.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

didnt know freecycle was all over. we use it in indiana also..
Old 12-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Gold member

Hi, we had a flood in our house last winter - heated indoor swimming pool. One of our pipes froze and burst.

Our downstairs needed to be empty so that renovations could begin. Meant that the movers packed 240 cartons of stuff.

We used Freecycle to get rid of all of our cartons and wrapping paper. Felt good that it did not go to the land fill and it saved others money.

HB
Old 12-22-2007, 11:20 AM

Our local freecycle is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LadyLakeFLFreecycle/
Old 12-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Dancing Thyme

I never knew about this site. I just joined my local Los Angeles group. While I'm packing to move to TV, this will be a good place to post things that Salvation Army won't take (they've gotten so fussy out here). Thanks for the info.

Kath

Love keeping stuff out of landfills!! :bigthumbsup:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Gold member

Hi Kathie,

We stopped giving items to the Salvation Army and give everything away on Freecycle. Many of the people on Freecycle can not afford to buy items or they are donated to groups like the Battered Womens Shelter.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better.

HB
Old 12-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Dancing Thyme

HB, I stopped giving things to Salvation Army a couple of years ago when they refused a newly reupholstered easy chair because it was slightly faded.... they stuck their noses up at it. That's ridiculous. So, yes, I will use Freecycle for most of my stuff. This is wonderful and sounds like it really goes to needy people. Thanks again. Yes, Dad is great, he can't wait to move to TV, I think his bags are packed already. Oh, I hope I have that stamina at 91!!! Never mind, I hope all of us have that stamina!!! Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Gold member

Kathie,

I we should all have that stamina when we are 91 years young, I could use some of it now. Are you sure he isn't in disguise?
We can drink your favorite drink to that

HB
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.