How many here carry ?

How many here carry ?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 06:38 AM

I don't think you'll get a good number of how many carry in TV. I have personally conducted over 100 Basic Pistol Classes. 12 students to a class. There is, however, a gun club in The Villages. The Straight Shooters hold BASIC Gun Classes every month. The next one is September 11th. This class will not only teach you Basic Gun Skills, you will get a certificate so you can get your CWFL. You can join the club at The Villages Straight Shooters Gun Safety, Education, Marksmanship - Home. Then you can register for the class. Be safe!

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA

Old 08-09-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-nut2 View Post
I don't think you'll get a good number of how many carry in TV. I have personally conducted over 100 Basic Pistol Classes. 12 students to a class. There is, however, a gun club in The Villages. The Straight Shooters hold BASIC Gun Classes every month. The next one is September 11th. This class will not only teach you Basic Gun Skills, you will get a certificate so you can get your CWFL. You can join the club at The Villages Straight Shooters Gun Safety, Education, Marksmanship - Home. Then you can register for the class. Be safe!
Would that be just the Villages residents?
I would imagine the number of CCW's rises exponentially with the onslaught of snowbirds, seeing how Florida has reciprocity with so many other states.
Many more people CCW in the Villages than anyone can imagine. I personally know of seven.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2019, 07:12 AM

Whether I carry or not is nobody's business.

However, the more law-abiding citizens that legally carry the better I feel.

Matter of fact, I believe that all legally-qualified citizens be required to obtain a concealed-carry permit. Whether they carry or not is up to them. However, they will learn a little more about guns and gun laws, and that will be a good thing, too.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Sage

A lot of people ,especially older persons with arthritic hands, IMHO should not carry an auto-loader, they may not be able to clear a malfunction--they should stick with a wheel gun in a comfortable caliber--I was taught how to combat shoot by a former Mossad member-they carry with an empty chamber and the safety off-- with todays DA only pistols without a safety its totally ok to carry with a round chambered--best advice is equip your carry weapon with a laser sight-takes out a lot of the adrenal rush and guarantees you are on target--remember you are responsible once the weapon is exposed fired or not
Old 08-09-2019, 07:27 AM

In Florida it's a "Concealed Weapon and Firearm License" (CWFL) It covers concealed Weapons as well as Firearms. The Straight Shooters has 3,000 members. Almost all have a CWFL.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 08-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I agree, if I carry I carry in Condition One.

What I was referring to was your reference to that little thingy that holds the bullets as a clip. lol Most of us refer to them as magazines.

A clip is something that can hold the rounds until they are inserted into a magazine.
Mine has a cylinder.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage

A M1-Garand used an 8 rd enbloc-clip--A M1-Carbine used a magazine
1% - 2%
Old 08-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Default 1% - 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
While parking my car next to several parked gold carts in the shopping center near Brownwood, I observed an older Villager stumble out of his parked golf cart and I naturally offered my assistance. He appeared fine but I noticed that he dropped his Glock 17 onto the parking lot floor. He asked me to help him recover his firearm from the floor as he had difficulty with his gait.

I immediately realized that based on his behavior, he was unfamiliar with handguns and I told him that I would help him and make his gun safe. The firearm had an empty chamber but the clip was full. After securing his firearm, I strongly suggested that he take up some classes at the local Shooters World.

Just wondering, how many “unfamiliar” soles here carry?
OP, an accurate number that carry or have a permit to carry would be difficult. Several I know have the ability to carry but rarely do. Their choice. Somewhere around 1% of population would just be a guess. And like you mention, there are some that do but one could question if they should. As we age, there are several “things” we likely should evaluate i.e. carry, climbing and driving. Just saying...
Old 08-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
A M1-Garand used an 8 rd enbloc-clip--A M1-Carbine used a magazine
I've fired the M1. It fires 30:06 rounds and when the eight round is fired the clip pops out. A very sturdy weapon of war.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
OP, an accurate number that carry or have a permit to carry would be difficult. Several I know have the ability to carry but rarely do. Their choice. Somewhere around 1% of population would just be a guess. And like you mention, there are some that do but one could question if they should. As we age, there are several “things” we likely should evaluate i.e. carry, climbing and driving. Just saying...
Eyesight, manual dexterity, hearing (if you are aiming for someone at another row of seats in a crowded town square because you heard them yell "I have a gun!" but what he actually said was "I had fun!"). Discipline - knowing that if you draw your weapon, you had BETTER be prepared to shoot.

I don't know of that many seniors who possess all of the above traits. I don't know of that many *people* who possess all of the above traits.
Closed Thread

Tags
firearm, floor, carry, parked, parking