How many here should carry?

How many here should carry?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-12-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
And like renewing a drivers licence as long as they can pass the eye test and write a check they pass.....which is hardly adequate for determining whether one should drive or not.

Same with getting permitted and renewing concealed weapons permits.

Most responsible people will do the right thing as they age and their ability change.

I do not think whether to or not should be a specific age because there are so many differing abilities within any age group. There just needs to be a more reliable method for renewal that helps determine ability regardless the age.
I agree with you completely. That is why I mentioned the two examples of a 91 year old. It is NOT the age of a person that is the problem, it is their physical and mental ability to safely use the item.

However I do think that at some age testing should be increased in frequency. Just like we picked a random age for drinking and smoking - you can go kill or die for your country, but you can't drink. Laws don't always make sense. But, we "need" some randomly pick age for things to start happening.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage

You never know where lightning will strike, again, we're surrounded by have nots--pulling into a gas station, super mkt, doesn't mean you're living in the wrong place--Sharon Tate was living in Beverly Hills--not the wrong place--but the wrong time
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Haven't had a gun since I got out of service. Always said if I need a gun to protect myself, I am living in the wrong place.
Amen! Your last sentence should be the final thought.

Tags
carry, seniors, hearing, people, car