How many vehicles do you have? Where do you keep them?

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
2.5 garage, standard size. Had 2 SUVs and a golf cart. All inside but super tight fit. So just recently, downsized. Traded my GMC with less than 20,000 miles for a smaller Buick crossover. Doing my part to stimulate economy. LOL
We could never get by with one vehicle with our different schedules. I don't golf, don't care for driving cart, and don't like being stuck at home all day w/o vehicle. Not traveling like we used to.
If you traded your GMC in for a compact Buick Envision you just stimulated the Chinese economy.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

See that nifty Camaro several posts up? People were flipping out trying to figure out a way to put the money together at the dealer it was traded in at. The car was Beautiful but they marked it up for more than the book value and still, the youngins wanted it.

We have one or two cars. Whenever I see a deal I snag it have it detailed and dump it for W.A.M. There are a whole lot of beautiful cars wasting space in garages of people who unfortunately can't drive anymore. You have to act quickly cause I'm not the only one doing this now and then.

We basically have 1 Car and 2 Golf Carts.

Does anybody have an Old School Caddy Land Yacht hidden away and feel like selling it? Locally only. All cars kept at our home.

W.A.M. = Walking Around $$Money$$.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb.callow View Post
A clever hacker can “discover” all kinds of info. Just because the originator of this post claims it is all for informational purposes to purchase a home (welcome), doesn’t mean some of these very detailed responses couldn’t backfire.
I currently have 5 vehicles parked in my garage and driveway. When/if we move to TV we will be downsizing considerably, as most residents do.

We'll need to think about what we'll bring with us and it is helpful to me to think through logistics like that before I actually start to look at properties.

I'm sure that I'll have some questions about furniture, too. Ex: what size bed for the MBR (will my King sized bed fit through the doorways), sectional vs couch + chairs, etc. I would imagine that these are all very common questions. Or at least I would think they would be.

I appreciate the helpful responses on this thread but, I will admit, I am a bit baffled by your concerns. If I were asking for names, addresses and safe combinations that would be different - trust me, I do not need more stuff than I already have!
Old 06-28-2020, 08:13 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
Thanks everyone! At this point, if we moved to TV tomorrow, I think we would bring 2 vehicles with us -- a pick up and a small SUV. And we would most likely buy a golf cart once we got there. I was just trying to figure out the logistics of how we would park the vehicles along with the logistics of having our young adult sons come to visit us.

We have dogs, so we require a fenced in yard. I'm leaning towards a 3 bedroom CYV at this point. This is all sight unseen. We haven't even visited TV, yet. Your answers have all been very helpful. Thank you!
with some CYV on the end you can add a golf cart garage for extra space
Old 06-28-2020, 10:23 PM

Three cars. Drive one back and forth to Ohio in summer so we both have cars to drive. Golf carts both states.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:18 AM

2 cars in double garage
1 golf cart in golf cart garage
Old 06-29-2020, 07:03 AM

Couple - 1 car, 1 golf cart. Rarely drive the car.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 AM

I rented a CYV this past winter and got fed up trying to get my sedan and golf cart both in the 1 1/2 car garage. Even the neighbors walking by tried to help but if I got both vehicles in, I couldn’t open the car door to get out! The drive was short and very sharply curved so I was running thru the edge of neighbors rock bed. There was guest parking a couple of hundred yards away and sometimes I left car there, but usually just left cart on drive. So now I’ve bought a 2 car plus golf cart garage and I’ll be happy!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:59 AM

One car (sedan) and 2 golf carts. Car rarely driven. All garaged- we have a 2 car + golf cart garage- plenty of room.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I'm curious to know how many vehicles you own in TV. If you have a spouse, do you and your spouse both have a car? Do you own a golf cart, motorcycle or other type of transportation?

Also, where do you keep your various vehicles?
My husband insisted that we sell the second car because we have the golf cart. We don't have problems that much but when we do I am the one who is supposed to drive the golf cart
Old 06-29-2020, 11:49 AM

We have a Lincoln SUV, a restored MGA, a golf cart and two bicycles. If the golf cart garage was just 18” deeper, we could park the MG there! Everything fits inside, with plenty of room to spare.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:06 PM

Can you park on the street during the day? What about over night?
Old 09-25-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
I'm curious to know how many vehicles you own in TV. If you have a spouse, do you and your spouse both have a car? Do you own a golf cart, motorcycle or other type of transportation?

Also, where do you keep your various vehicles?
You're not a car thief, are you?
Old 09-25-2020, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
When we planned to move here we had two cars. Than decided we would be a one car/golf cart family. So we sold her car and moved here with one car.

Wife decided she would not be driving golf carts so started to look at a second car.

Covid came along and we noticed we were driving a total of 50 miles per week.

So we are sharing one car until everything opens up and than we will buy a new car.
We will be starting a search for new car in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

2 cars and golf car in the garage, motor home in storage facility.
Closed Thread

Tags
vehicles, spouse, golf, type, transportation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.