How many WOULD use Marijuana if it was legal

View Poll Results: Would you use MJ if it was legal both Federal and State.
Yes 26 32.91%
No 46 58.23%
Maybe 6 7.59%
Anyone have some munchies? 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Wether the form that’s used is liquid, solid or gas it is still a mind altering chemical.
Curious as to why you quit?
I just started to not enjoy it as much is all. As far a comparing drinking a few beers now compared to smoking a joint back then. I can assure you the few beers is way more mind altering. My wife does Delta 8 exclusively for BC treatments and has done miracles to say the least.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
I just started to not enjoy it as much is all. As far a comparing drinking a few beers now compared to smoking a joint back then. I can assure you the few beers is way more mind altering. My wife does Delta 8 exclusively for BC treatments and has done miracles to say the least.
Good to hear that your wife has found something that works well for her!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like you are describing meth heads or crack users. I have quite a few friends who use cannabis and they are highly successful. One a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and a couple who’s net worth is quite large. So putting them in a non “achieving” category is just plain ignorant. I am sure there are 1000’s of examples that would prove you wrong.

Don't Judge Someone Just Because They Sin Differently Than You Do!

Nope, I am describing people I knew whose lives, after they started to smoke pot, went down the pot. Pardon the pun.

Thousands of examples may 'prove me wrong' but hundreds of thousands of examples would prove me right!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-06-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Nope, I am describing people I knew whose lives, after they started to smoke pot, went down the pot. Pardon the pun.

Thousands of examples may 'prove me wrong' but hundreds of thousands of examples would prove me right!
So should we prohibit alcohol? It kills and destroys way more lives? Again I’m not personally for pot hence my vote but more of a defender of free will. Where do you draw the line?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
If I was perfect in every sense I might feel ok with throwing out some unfounded claims and opinions, but I hate being a hypocrite since I’m far from perfect.
Cheers
Here, here! I often say I have no right to tell someone else how to be happy since I struggle daily with being happy myself.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
So should we prohibit alcohol? It kills and destroys way more lives? Again I’m not personally for pot hence my vote but more of a defender of free will. Where do you draw the line?
If you defend free will how far do you go, to Heroin?

History of opium in China - Wikipedia

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Really! We are talking about Cannabis and alcohol. My free will was directed at the topic at hand. Please answer the question about alcohol as a simple comparison.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:

I personally go with science. When it comes to using various drugs, I look at that a lot like letting people own guns. I don't care that you own and use guns for your own reasons, when you kill someone with a gun, you better have a really good justification.

Same with drugs, none of my business how you get your buzz on, alcohol, pot, heroine, cocaine or opium - you name it. Now, if you get a buzz on and climb behind the wheel of your car, we are going to have a problem regardless of which method you used to get you buzz.

Smoking and alcohol are good examples of two widely used drugs that cost society hundreds of billions of dollars every year. Personally, I could see requiring people to carry insurance to. cover the costs their particular vice will likely cost society... but that idea is not about to fly...
Old 10-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Are we allowed to mention religion on this forum? I can’t remember. Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding so apparently he sanctioned it. But on the cross when it was offered to him he refused it. The Bible presents the use of alcohol in moderation only. But the Reformed church doesn’t like alcohol and serves only grape juice beside the host.

Last edited by Velvet; 10-06-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I personally go with science. When it comes to using various drugs, I look at that a lot like letting people own guns. I don't care that you own and use guns for your own reasons, when you kill someone with a gun, you better have a really good justification.

Same with drugs, none of my business how you get your buzz on, alcohol, pot, heroine, cocaine or opium - you name it. Now, if you get a buzz on and climb behind the wheel of your car, we are going to have a problem regardless of which method you used to get you buzz.

Smoking and alcohol are good examples of two widely used drugs that cost society hundreds of billions of dollars every year. Personally, I could see requiring people to carry insurance to. cover the costs their particular vice will likely cost society... but that idea is not about to fly...
Fortunately, smokers must now pay more for life insurance, as they most certainly should!

Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Are we allowed to mention religion on this forum? I can’t remember. Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding so apparently he sanctioned it. But on the cross when it was offered to him he refused it. So if he is a role model for some Christians... the Reformed church doesn’t like alcohol and serves only grape juice beside the host.
I was raised southern baptist, and was taught that the "wine" Jesus created was really just "grape juice" and not alcoholic. Funny thing about that which always bothered me was the guests at the party commented about how he didn't bring out the "best wine" (the wine he created) until late into the party, since common practice was to bring out the best wine at the beginning and then when everyone was drunk to bring out the cheap stuff, because they would never notice.

Just saying -

[edit] I guess if religious discussion is not allowed we will go down together!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Sage
Default !

Quote:
Really! We are talking about Cannabis and alcohol. My free will was directed at the topic at hand. Please answer the question about alcohol as a simple comparison.
Actually, the topic at hand is marijuana. Not alcohol or any other 'substance'.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Fortunately, smokers must now pay more for life insurance, as they most certainly should!
True and a start, but that doesn't help medical care costs, and fire costs, etc, etc, etc...

[edit] I am an ex smoker and we are the worst at complaining about smokers!
Old 10-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
True and a start, but that doesn't help medical care costs, and fire costs, etc, etc, etc...

[edit] I am an ex smoker and we are the worst at complaining about smokers!
Of course not.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Actually, the topic at hand is marijuana. Not alcohol or any other 'substance'.
Well, I guess the topic at hand is about the use of MJ, and it would seem to be reasonable to discuss why one does or doesn't use it by comparing it to other substances of similar function. Especially when comparing it to Heroine and Opium which are some of the most addictive substances in use and MJ is illegal because the Federal Government believes it is just as addictive. Obviously, ranking relative addiction rates is a reasonable comparison to use in deciding which if any substance is used for recreational purposes.

I personally don't care if someone uses or doesn't, but I do find it interesting to discuss why someone feels someone else should not be allowed to use it.

Tags
drug, healthcare, legal, federal, pot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.