Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   How to Navigate Roundabouts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/how-navigate-roundabouts-155158/)

mikeycereal 06-25-2022 04:10 PM

My biggest hurdle was negotiating those that are either exiting the roundabout to my left or continuing through. Looks the same until they turn. When in doubt yield, don't guess because they just go shooting right through. When I'm spinning through I always watch others to see if they slow down before coming in. Just a habit of driving I picked up, watch the other car for anything that could happen. Back in Vegas one day I was behind a driver who signaled and he actually was halfway into his right turn going into another street and changed his mind and curved back out in front of me. If I would've sped up as he turned he would've hit me. I still had to brake though for that fool.

nhenson 02-02-2023 07:18 AM

I would appreciate it if someone plans to exit from a roundabout to use a tight turn signal if coming south so someone waiting to enter knows you are exiting. For example, if you are driving south on Buena Vista and plan to exit on Bailey Trail near Lake Miona, please signal so I know I can enter the roundabout.

Bogie Shooter 02-02-2023 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhenson (Post 2182160)
I would appreciate it if someone plans to exit from a roundabout to use a tight turn signal if coming south so someone waiting to enter knows you are exiting. For example, if you are driving south on Buena Vista and plan to exit on Bailey Trail near Lake Miona, please signal so I know I can enter the roundabout.

Did you notice this was covered in the previous 180 posts? Really?

RICH1 02-02-2023 07:53 AM

Will this Post end , if Traffic lights are installed?

JMintzer 02-02-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

What about if they're heading north? :p

JMintzer 02-02-2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICH1 (Post 2182177)
Will this Post end , if Traffic lights are installed?

Probably. But then we'll have a ton of threads complaining about the slow "stop and go" traffic at all of the new intersections...

Bilyclub 02-02-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Can you trust a turn signal here, no.

djlnc 02-03-2023 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2182197)
What about if they're heading north? :p

Does not apply to northbound traffic. :smiley:

VApeople 02-06-2023 07:45 AM

Quote:

if you are driving south on Buena Vista and plan to exit on Bailey Trail near Lake Miona, please signal so I know I can enter the roundabout.

No, I will not signal!

You must wait until I have made my turn. You must not enter the roundabout while I am driving in the roundabout.

FinallyHome352 03-07-2023 04:36 PM

Exactly

FinallyHome352 03-07-2023 04:36 PM

Just takes basic courtesy.

Bogie Shooter 03-07-2023 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinallyHome352 (Post 2195556)
Just takes basic courtesy.

//////

Calisport 03-07-2023 10:05 PM

One quick note. People look down at the ground as you drive. There are arrows in each lane directing which lane you need to be in.

VApeople 03-08-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calisport (Post 2195641)
One quick note. People look down at the ground as you drive. There are arrows in each lane directing which lane you need to be in.

No! Ignore the arrows on the ground!

Before you enter a roundabout, there is a sign that shows how you are allowed to drive.

For example, if you are in the right lane, you cannot go 3/4 around the roundabout. If you are in the left lane, you cannot take the first right turn. Most of us know these rules and follow them.

Of course, we cannot expect everyone to follow these rules. That is why I drive thru a roundabout slowly with my hand on the horn

bmit16 04-29-2023 08:07 AM

It should be noted that when in a roundabout, if you are crossing a line, solid or broken, you must yield to any vehicle following the lane they are in. In many occaisions people entering a roundabout in the right lane and continue past the 1st exit, crossing the broken line, fail to yield to the person in the inside lane following that lane into the exit that the person in the outside lane is bypassing. If the bikes were crossing that broken line, they failed to yield.