How safe are the pools?

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegerst View Post
We went 2x in the early summer, as we r away now , however 1 st time great few people there, and the girl at the desk told us to turn down the back of the lounge when we leave , so she can sanitize the chair before the next people come in . Great idea . The 2 nd time , people left and others came in and sat in the Same chairs . I didn’t like that , the girl at the desk didn’t tell us that time. This was at Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
I don't expect chairs to be sanitized every time someone leaves. Just don't touch your face.

As an aside............ I go to the Planet Fitness Gym in Leesburg because the fitness centers in TV are now closed. Everyone is responsible to wipe down the equipment when they are done. I wipe down all the touch points but not the seats or the backs of the equipment. It does not make much sense to expect every single square inch of the equipment to be sanitized after every use. Same with lounge chairs at the pool.

Just don't touch your face.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Well said
Thank you ! I like getting on here and seeing what is going on with others, but some makes me just sick really, when people literally "lecture" people about how they are just not "living" because they are staying close to home, and at the other extreme, "lecture others on the evils of going out for a special dinner, or having company come play cards. It's almost hard to believe that if someone writes that they had some couples over to play cards because their dance club, or state club is no longer meeting, then someone they don't even know (probably ?) gets on here and says "YOU are the kind of people we don't need here !" Wow !
Old 08-24-2020, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Thank you ! I like getting on here and seeing what is going on with others, but some makes me just sick really, when people literally "lecture" people about how they are just not "living" because they are staying close to home, and at the other extreme, "lecture others on the evils of going out for a special dinner, or having company come play cards. It's almost hard to believe that if someone writes that they had some couples over to play cards because their dance club, or state club is no longer meeting, then someone they don't even know (probably ?) gets on here and says "YOU are the kind of people we don't need here !" Wow !
Some people feel they need to tell others how to live their lives.

Having said that we have seen to many people ignore social distancing putting others at risk. Will say something politely when we are on line and person behind us is too close but other than that mind my own business.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
I tend to agree completely, nothing in my education and limited knowledge of virus transmission tells me it is transmitted in chlorinated water. That does not make sense, maybe more if it were a bacteria ? That part I am definitely not confident about here at The Villages is the "properly maintained" part. You sure don't see attendants taking in person test samples every two hours (as well as the computerized auto monitoring systems that do sometimes fail to give accurate readings and additions of the proper chemical balances) like you do at resorts, hotels, public swimming pools, and cruise ships ! Always wondered why we don't see these in person tests like at other places ? I am used to it now, but was shocked years ago that showers were only a "suggestion", and many people make no attempt to shower before getting into the water. That was very strange as I never lived where it was not mandatory, but apparently it is not a health risk here ?
It done in late evening after sun going down in all pools except three that’s allowed to be open after sun down.
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, back, limit, capacity, safety

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.