How safe are the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 08:37 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
They steal the gun.
When I am gone, I have the gun legally concealed on my person. The rest my guns are locked in a large, secure safe that don't move. Unattended gun problem solved.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Villages is safer by far than where most of us used to live. Kudo's to the devoted men and women in a variety of law enforcement districts who watch out for us and many thanks to the folks in Villages watch who drive around and keep an eye on things and report any suspicious things like garage doors up in the middle of the night. Many thanks to the watchful eyes of all the people who live here who used to be nurses and doctors and teachers and business executives and bakers and plumbers who are still smart as tacks and watch others now almost full time.

It still doesn't hurt to get doorbell cameras and other surveillance cameras and live next or near to someone who is further protected, I am guessing close to half of Villagers are.

If something or someone looks out of place call the police. Invite them to come to your local groups to talk about security.

During high season we have crooks who also come for the warm weather and easy pickin's.

If someone looks out of place walking down the street take their picture and let them see you do it. Then run in the house.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:57 PM
Sage

I'm not saying there is no crime in TV but it is very small compared to where I used to live.

I moved from a town that at once was the murder capital of the US. I have never felt safer living in TV. Heck, I even left my house unlocked a couple of times in the 7 Years I have been here with no problems. No town is 100% crime free but everyone has to do what's right for themselves especially for those who would worry about a home invasion. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
safe, systems, things, people, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.