How Tall Will They Be?

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 08:53 AM

A 3 bedroom 1 bath apartment is a large size at 960 sq ft. , and senior apartments do not need 3 bedrooms. 1,200 sq ft is huge.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

The Villages Developer overall has done a great job designing and building this Senior Adult Community called The Villages. If you ask them, they would say “we would do a few things different but overall we are pleased”. 99% of residents would agree. We can trust them to do what is right with this new concept of apartment living. IMHO they have a reputation to protect and they live around here too. Fore!
Old 09-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The Villages Developer overall has done a great job designing and building this Senior Adult Community called The Villages. If you ask them, they would say “we would do a few things different but overall we are pleased”. 99% of residents would agree. We can trust them to do what is right with this new concept of apartment living. IMHO they have a reputation to protect and they live around here too. Fore!

Yes
Yes
&
Yes
Old 09-26-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Three acres for a pool? Take a look around. I think that most of the pools including buildings take up less than an acre. Walking paths can be done around the building without taking up a lot of sq footage.

And where does the 286 apartments come from? I've heard the number 300 apartments as well. As far as I know the application is for 265 apartments. The restaurant, and rec room can be located on the first floor. A golf shop is not necessary as the starter shed can handle everything that the golf shop did except for selling merchandise which no one ever bought anyway. If they want a shop, they can erect a small building adjacent to the starter shack.

Like many people hear are saying, these people have done so many things well in the past, I would expect them to do a good job of this as well.

I do have some reservation about the additional traffic however. Maybe it's time to widen Morse and construct of the road golf cart paths for its entire length.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 09-26-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:22 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Are you willing to pay half a million for a house in TV? Yes, its nice here but theres better places to live for that amount of money
There are already homes sold over one million dollars in TV.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:28 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
The reality is, it will probably look no different than the multiple Assisted and Independent living units that are everywhere throughout The Villages. So why is everyone getting so riled up? .
Because they are losing a view they paid a premium for and their home value will decline. Would you be ok with that if it were your home?
Old 09-26-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. We have only been here for 4 and 1/2 years, but have been impressed by everything the developer has done. Times change, demographics change, lifestyles change. Some of us are very resistant to change; others deal well with change. The developer has to keep up with change to attract future Villagers, but also placate those who have been here for a long time. It would behoove all to base comments on known facts rather than starting rumors and conspiracy theories. I don't understand why people stay here if they are unhappy, but I suspect Covid has a lot to do with much of the unhappiness. Once this Covid pandemic is resolved, our normal fun filled activities will resume and once again make this a very enjoyable place to live.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They are installing fire poles & slides.
The poles are for the dancers!
Old 09-26-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
The poles are for the dancers!
I need to update my resume.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:03 AM
Default Can you say new fire ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that your figures are based on how many CAN be built. I think it will be a three storey building much like the Lofts and much like the independent living building next to Bob Evans on 466. Usually figures established tell how many POSSIBLE units and the tallest they CAN be. But you could be right.

But you could be wrong too. We will see. I so hope I am right and everyone will be pleased. I am really worried about these new commissioners and their goals. Having someone in sync with the developer has allowed all permitting and processes to go smoothly, but someone could if they wanted, be obstructive, throw a monkey wrench into that. If it hurts The Villages, it hurts all of us. So far this place has been an enormous success story, building and giving employment to many people. Supporting excellent Charter Schools, keeping restrictions that cause homes to be well kept. There is always an element of politics for and against big business. I worry about the commissioner that switched parties just before he was elected.

I hope that The Villages builds a beautiful building and landscapes it like they always do and have a lovely pool and that older people who want to rent will find a nice place to rent and all this criticism is put to rest.
If taller than three stories expect to be tagged to pay for a new fire fighting ladder truck that can reach the new structure.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
There have been lots of words written recently about the apartments to be built at the Hacienda Hills CC site. How about some arithmetic?

—The 7 acre site has 308,00 sq.ft. of buildable space.

— If we make a conservative assumption that 3 acres of the site will be required for the resort pool, walking trails, and other recreational amenities promised by the Developer, the buildable portion of the site is reduced to 176,000 sf.

— The amount of buildable space will be further reduced by the space required for surface parking for apartment residents and guests cars and golf carts, and modest landscaping around the building. At standard “striping sizes” and assuming 1/4 acre of landscaping, those items further reduce the buildable surface on the site by about 75,000 sf, further reducing the buildable surface to about 101,000 sf.

— At an average size of 1,200 sf, the 286 apartments will require 343,000 sf. Add in a 20% factor for hallways and other common areas and there will be 412,000 sf under roof. No allocation has been made for the promised restaurant or restaurant parking.

The arithmetic indicates that the new structure will average slightly more than 4 stories in height. If resident parking and a restaurant are added “under roof”, the structure would average closer to 5 stories in height. If parking for the apartments is provided under ground, the height of the structure could be maintained at about 4 stories.

All that arithmetic being considered, fitting a resort pool, pool structure, restaurant, golf starting facilities, walking paths and other sports amenities, all promised by the Developer, onto only 3 acres of land seems to be a tall order

I’ve tried to be transparent in how I arrived at my conclusions. Feel free to change whatever assumptions you’d like and see what conclusions you reach.
I’m not certain, but I believe the report I read about yesterday specified a maximum of 64’ high. There might be a parapet above the top floor and a flat roof with the air conditioning up there. There might also be shingled roofs with roof trusses, say 4 in 12. That would be included in the height, and that would take up six feet. The first floor may well be several feet above ground level.

So I agree with you: four stories. How many elevators?
Old 09-26-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
I’m not certain, but I believe the report I read about yesterday specified a maximum of 64’ high. There might be a parapet above the top floor and a flat roof with the air conditioning up there. There might also be shingled roofs with roof trusses, say 4 in 12. That would be included in the height, and that would take up six feet. The first floor may well be several feet above ground level.

I say three. Wanna bet? I have five bucks here.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:18 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post

According to the internet a 4 story building would be 40 feet high. So that leaves 24 feet for parking or extra stories. Either way this will be a monstrosity to area residents.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:37 PM
Smile I think the developers are going to prove all us naysayers wrong

They will probably build a beautiful resort style pool, tennis courts, walking trails and various other amenities in place of the HH country club. It will be available to all residents including the ones who rent out his Loft like apartments that he builds in the area that was the Palms nine of HH which he closed. Property values stay up. Blends in with Freedom point next door. Villagers are all happy and writing to friends back home to hurry down before this place is sold out.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:44 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
According to the internet a 4 story building would be 40 feet high.

Going to be an extremely flat roof at 40 feet, or it might work.....old people shrink and are hunched over.

Tags
structure, site, space, buildable, parking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.