How was your day?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Smile How was your day?

Calling all real life TV residents! Us "wannabes" up north can only try to imagine how we will be spending our time after we finally get to The Villages! So, if you would care to tell us about your day(s) in this thread... it might give us a better idea of how to plan.

Are you getting up at 5:00 AM for a few rounds of golf ? Or are you sleeping til noon, meandering over to the country club for breakfast... then relaxing by the pool (sipping pina coladas) after a grueling massage? Are you swimming laps before pickle ball, softball and tennis... then heading to the town square to "party" all night? Or... are you chasing gators off your lanai before mowing the lawn, doing the laundry, shopping for groceries, and spraying for bugs?

I know that much of what we will be doing will depend on personal preferences, but at this point we can only dream. So please tell us what it's really like for you on a day to day basis. Think of it as a "day in the life" kind of post and describe your day(s) as often as you like, in as much (or as little detail) as you wish. The variety of replies should be fun, and very helpful for those of us who can't wait to get there!

P.S. I'm having so much fun with these "Smilies", here's one more for good measure...

Last edited by Allen; 02-13-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Sage

OK, Allen, I'll bite...

Not using today as an example because it's so cold and windy... so staying inside by the 'puter and TV is sounding good.

On a typical day, with sunshine and warmth.... get up about 7am, skim through the Daily Sun for local news and happenings, do the morning computer routine (news, email, TOTV, Facebook). This whole routine is now taking 2 hrs, arrrgggh (dang computer).

The day could then evolve to golf or tennis, some biking, or a walk or it could be a Mahjong day with friends. On a sunny day, head to the adult pool to read/swim/socialize. Come home, clean up, have a frosty Corona Light then either nestle down for the night or head out to the square to listen to some music. I enjoy the daytime and being outside, so, I am usually tucked in the house before 9pm. A little television then sleep by 11 or 12.

When the weather is nice, the days and weeks zoom by so fast and are filled with fun things to do. It truly is good living.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
OK, Allen, I'll bite...

Not using today as an example because it's so cold and windy... so staying inside by the 'puter and TV is sounding good.

On a typical day, with sunshine and warmth.... get up about 7am, skim through the Daily Sun for local news and happenings, do the morning computer routine (news, email, TOTV, Facebook). This whole routine is now taking 2 hrs, arrrgggh (dang computer).

The day could then evolve to golf or tennis, some biking, or a walk or it could be a Mahjong day with friends. On a sunny day, head to the adult pool to read/swim/socialize. Come home, clean up, have a frosty Corona Light then either nestle down for the night or head out to the square to listen to some music. I enjoy the daytime and being outside, so, I am usually tucked in the house before 9pm. A little television then sleep by 11 or 12.

When the weather is nice, the days and weeks zoom by so fast and are filled with fun things to do. It truly is good living.
Sounds like Heaven.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Mine is not so heavenly since I'm too young to retire. So, here goes ....

Up at 5:00 am, feed cats and clean litterbox, check calendar for jobs of the day. Eat a light breakfast (frozen waffles) yesterday. Go check a couple of houses down in Hemingway, clean a house in Rio Grande (good thing house is unoccupied cause I have a mild case of something), go to the bank. Have lunch with a friend and then finishing up the cleaning. Back home at 2:00 pm, rest for a bit. Eat an early dinner and go play Mah-Jongg with friends. Back to work at 8:30 pm -- cleaning house to be put up for sale. Home and to bed at 2:00 am.

Strangely, that's pretty typical barring that the jobs are varied and rarely last into the night like that, but stuff happens. I'm usually up at 5:00 (have a black brat kitty who really thinks that's her food time sigh) and asleep around 1:00 am. I do try to get in a nap every day but don't always succeed. What I love about my business is that I can usually make my own hours and be sure to leave time for me to play (card games are my biggie) and be with friends.

So, even us working stiffs still find time to play.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Veteran member

My days are different every day of the week, since I am involved in so many things. Monday is my day to catch up on housework and errands. Tuesday is my mahjong day. Wednesday I have rehearsal in the morning, and two dance classes in the afternoon. Thursday I try to get in a round of golf. Friday I have dance classes from noon to 4:30. Saturday I have a rehearsal in the mornings until around 1 pm. Sunday is church in the morning, basketball from 1 - 3 pm, and evening rehearsal from 6 -10 pm. And around all that activity my hubby and I try to squeeze in a round of golf together or get down to the square to listen to some music.

Hubby is just as busy with his schedule of basketball, baseball, golf, pool, and poker. Trust me, you need an appointment calendar to keep it all straight.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Today is Saturday so that means yard sale sailing! Best buy today was a like-new condition electric air compressor for $10 - needed it to inflate the tires of the beach cruiser bike [in like-new condition] that I bought a while back for $15 - all-time best buy! Also went to the art show at Laurel Manor - what great art and artists!

Usual day starts around 7am with coffee on the lanai with the newspaper; toss in some laundry around 10am and head out to do day's short list of errands; lunch, exercise, hobbies and then supper; day ends with coffee on the lanai and either some television or another hobby. Sometimes we go to the town square after supper or to a movie or to visit with friends.

Valentine's Day tomorrow - trying to figure out how to take a day off from another day where we really don't hafta do anything if we don't want to!

Life is good doing for us after 40 years of doing for someone else! Life would only be better if it would warm up!!!!!

Old 02-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Typical Wed. - get up around 8 AM - email, drink water (like the Japanese do first thing); then coffee, breakfast; clean up; to hula practice 10-noon; errands on the way home; a few phone calls, emails, go for a walk, or do the Springdale fitness trail.

We often go to karaoke at night, either at Gators, Havana, or McCalls, or else going to one of the squares or to Katiebelle's, dancing and hanging out with friends. Thursdays are a little rough - I get up for 7 am Rotary Club meeting (but love it once I'm there - because of the amazing people, and the purpose). Karaoke at Waterfront Inn most Thursdays. My husband usually plays golf once a day, so if I am at home while he is gone I relax, catch up on paperwork or phone calls; or go to the pool, if it is warm. We both love going to either Hacienda Hills or Orange Blossom pool in the mid-day/afternoon time when it is warm and sunny out, to get some sun, have a cocktail or just an iced tea, and chat with people there. Sometimes we just get in the car and drive - may end up in Ocala at the movies or shopping, and have dinner 'off the compound' (but usually when we' re gone for a while, we can't wait to 'escape' from the real world, back to TV). It is non-reproducible, what we have in lifestyle options here.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default My day

Get up, make the coffee,read the paper, go for a ride in the golf cart see how many people will wave at me, 3 mornings play pool for 2 hours+, come home have more coffee, see what's exciting for the day. Check out the chores, think about lunch , maybe cocktails, if the weather is warm enough head for the pool , check the mail on the way, wow now it's afternoon cocktails and what are we doing for dinner, We're done , no work, much play , whatever makes the time go by. That's what TV is all about. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum member

When I first retired almost 8 years ago, I decided to get up at 6:30 even if there was no reason to. My alarm still is set for then. And, I do get up.

I'm a full breakfast person, and enjoy reading the paper thoroughly. So, it's sometimes almost 10 before I brush my teeth, make the bed, empty The New Kitten's litter boxes!

Depending on the week or the day, I may have a doctor's appointment or a support group meeting. And, as a creature of habit, I do my grocery shopping on Thursday.

I'm not into all the sports things, but enjoy hours planning my cruises or other trips, as well as keeping track of the trusts my late wife left. I am never bored, even though I'm seldom being as "busy" as everyone else!

My family is happy that I'm happy!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.