HUGE Fire in Silver Lake

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Veteran member

From what the owner (Diane) told me she had pride of ownership in her small home. She had the gray pipes replace, new roof, new flooring and get this, she bought a miter saw and personally put all new molding in the house. I think for every angle I have cut correctly on a miter saw I have cut one backward.

I hope she can afford a second chance.
Diane Kiefer, 1014 MATTHEW AVE THE VILLAGES, FL 32159
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Are you saying that this poor woman has nothing to worry about because she will receive $15,000 to replace everything she owns, including her home? What planet do you two live on?

Thank God the woman and her little dog were not home when this horrible event happened. It is so sad.
Excuse me, where is it said that "she is a poor women",How do you know $15,000 in insurance. For all I know she has a Million Dollar place back home.Just asked a question.? Talk about somebody jumpimg on the bandwagon. Maybe thats what they do on your planet.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Excuse me, where is it said that "she is a poor women",How do you know $15,000 in insurance. For all I know she has a Million Dollar place back home.Just asked a question.? Talk about somebody jumpimg on the bandwagon. Maybe thats what they do on your planet.
I didn't mean poor as in having little or no wealth, I meant poor as in unfortunate. If you had read all the posts, you would have read that another poster said her insurance company would compensate her with $15,000.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
I didn't mean poor as in having little or no wealth, I meant poor as in unfortunate. If you had read all the posts, you would have read that another poster said her insurance company would compensate her with $15,000.
I learn long ago, not to believe everything you hear. Just because a poster says certain things. You know a friend of a friend.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM

Unfortunate situation for anyone.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jconn62836 View Post
Since when do you require gas for lightning to cause a fire?
Seven of the eight homes that have been completely destroyed by lightning in the past eight years have had gas lines running through the attic which is code in either Florida or this area. The one recently burnt I don't know, but Lightning who is a poster here will be able to tell us when he knows.

Lightning, his screen name, is an expert on Lightning, posts on this forum, writes a column in POA newsletter and gives power point presentations on Lightning and is NOT affiliated with any Lightning protection companies.

I think all new construction only has electric and does NOT offer gas utilities, but some people choose to have propane for outdoor kitchens. Something to think about in the lightning capital of the U.S.

Last edited by golf4me; 05-28-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.