I can't believe that some people still don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 06:53 AM

For those that are still not following the CDC’s recommendations for social distancing. You should have a tattoo put on the bottom of you foot. “ DON’T WASTE A VENTILATOR ON ME”
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 AM

I was in my local grocery store yesterday. Neither the cashier nor the person doing the baging acted concerned.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:59 AM

I like "thinning the herd" and only wish that were the actual effect of this. Very difficult times are these.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:11 AM

I think people are complaining because they see this as a real public health issue, not because they are paranoid. Some people don't take seriously what is serious and care not a whit about others' health. Irresponsible and reckless.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Maybe he just still wants to be around in a month....
Well said.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:34 AM

Totally agree with you
Old 03-28-2020, 07:34 AM

It’s not that we are paranoid, it’s that we have common sense to do what we are asked to do to slow the spread. We are not ME ME ME like you.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW
Default Maintaining safe distance while grocery shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We had to go over to Winn Dixie near Spanish Springs today for a few necessities. On the way over we went through Ruby Tuesday's parking lot. A couple walked across the parking lot and went up to the door of the restaurant which was covered in signs saying that they were closed, and tried to open the door. One of them just grabbed the door handle and pulled.

Inside of Winn Dixie it was very crowded and most people were moving pretty slowly. As I was waiting for a few people in front of me to move or get out of the way, a guy goes flying past me and actually bumped into my right arm. So much of keeping six feet away.

As we approached the bakery area there are two women that appeared to be friends chatting. One of them was wearing gloves. I swear they were talking into each other's faces from a distance of about 16 inches. As I walked by I heard one of them comment that the last time she got the flu she almost died.

The cashier wasn't wearing gloves and didn't seemed concerned that some of the customers were getting very close to her.

I wanted to take a bath in alcohol after seeing all this.
Yes, I was in Publix yesterday and while most people were trying to be careful, a man was blocking the end of the aisle, talking face to face with a woman. After waiting about 2minutes I said “excuse me please” —he turned around and yelled “what’s wrong with you—can’t you wait a few minutes? Someone is in my way” (not true) The whole idea is to not socialize in public spaces and to spend as little time there as possible. Thank you to all who are being kind to each other —hoping that those who are thoughtless, rude, and self-centered don’t manage to infect the rest of us.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:57 AM

You got that right
Old 03-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

It’s been real but no one seems to care. I have had my parents......dad 90 on lock down for 2 weeks. But for some reason 80% of The Villagers can seem to care enough to stop golfing, tennis, pickball......smh
Old 03-28-2020, 08:14 AM

That isn't proven at all! No one knows if you can get it more than once.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:22 AM

Gloves are just like your hands, they hold onto germs. Cashiers would have to change their gloves after each transaction. Hopefully, they are using hand sanitizer in between customers.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:34 AM
Default virus

Quote:
We had to go over to Winn Dixie near Spanish Springs today for a few necessities. On the way over we went through Ruby Tuesday's parking lot. A couple walked across the parking lot and went up to the door of the restaurant which was covered in signs saying that they were closed, and tried to open the door. One of them just grabbed the door handle and pulled.

Inside of Winn Dixie it was very crowded and most people were moving pretty slowly. As I was waiting for a few people in front of me to move or get out of the way, a guy goes flying past me and actually bumped into my right arm. So much of keeping six feet away.

As we approached the bakery area there are two women that appeared to be friends chatting. One of them was wearing gloves. I swear they were talking into each other's faces from a distance of about 16 inches. As I walked by I heard one of them comment that the last time she got the flu she almost died.

The cashier wasn't wearing gloves and didn't seemed concerned that some of the customers were getting very close to her.

this is a problem but if you see pictures of China where they are starting to recover you will notice that the whole country is wearing masks. This is something we should do.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:

we recently shopped at a Publix in Clermont....it wasn't crowded and people were practicing social distancing....

give shopping away from TV a try...you won't run into all these old people that have their heads up 'you know where'...or old guys that don't understand grocery aisle norms
Old 03-28-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
It’s been real but no one seems to care. I have had my parents......dad 90 on lock down for 2 weeks. But for some reason 80% of The Villagers can seem to care enough to stop golfing, tennis, pickball......smh
Maybe the percentages are reversed.....I firmly believe that most residents, 80% ++, are trying to do what is right and recommended. The 20% (or much less) always get the attention and all too often are presented as the general representation, when they are not!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
door, people, wearing, gloves, walked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.