I can't believe that some people still don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
I was in my local grocery store yesterday. Neither the cashier nor the person doing the baging acted concerned.
According to statistics, very few people under the age of 60 have died from this virus. They get it and in most cases it is a minor inconvenience. Those of us over 60 need to take extra precautions.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Maybe the percentages are reversed.....I firmly believe that most residents, 80% ++, are trying to do what is right and recommended. The 20% (or much less) always get the attention and all too often are presented as the general representation, when they are not!!!
In this case, the 20% represent a real danger to the other 80%.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
According to statistics, very few people under the age of 60 have died from this virus. They get it and in most cases it is a minor inconvenience. Those of us over 60 need to take extra precautions.
In supermarkets in the Villages, many (if not most) cashiers and bag clerks (the profanity filter ***s out "b.a.g.g.e.r) are over 60.

We /are/ concerned, but we don't let our concern become an obsession. We have a job to do, which is to provide excellent customer service, as safely as practical given the nature of the job.

Working at a supermarket is stressful these days, but there's still room and opportunity to enjoy the job. Especially when you have awesome customers. And our customers have been pretty awesome through all this.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
In supermarkets in the Villages, many (if not most) cashiers and bag clerks (the profanity filter ***s out "b.a.g.g.e.r) are over 60.

We /are/ concerned, but we don't let our concern become an obsession. We have a job to do, which is to provide excellent customer service, as safely as practical given the nature of the job.

Working at a supermarket is stressful these days, but there's still room and opportunity to enjoy the job. Especially when you have awesome customers. And our customers have been pretty awesome through all this.
Hats off to the supermarket workers, for sure That's got to be a very stressfull job not to mention risky in this situation
Old 03-29-2020, 10:15 PM
Default Under 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The Governor of Maryland said that 46% of the hospitalizations from coronavirus are people under 60. He said this past week half were in their 20s, 30s and 40s. Everybody is at risk. Deaths are still primarily over 60, so far.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:16 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Hats off to the supermarket workers, for sure That's got to be a very stressfull job not to mention risky in this situation

Maybe this will convince Publix to have self-check.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:29 AM
Default He's not the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugsmom View Post
I would suggest you don’t go out if you are that uncomfortable. Order you items delivered. Some of us are not as paranoid as you are.
The man is trying to abide by the rules that the experts suggest. You use the word paranoid for someone that is trying to keep himself and others safe. If you believe that the six-foot rule and social distancing are being paranoid then it may be you that is more of a problem than him.
I found his post to be much more helpful than yours frankly.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:08 PM

Yep! Stupid is as stupid does! Stay safe 🦠😷
Old 04-10-2020, 12:11 PM

Love my home delivery. Did it long before this pandemic. Winn-Dixie (don’t bother), Wal-Mart can be iffy, Publix with InstantCart has been our go-to. Your mileage may vary. 🦠😷
Old 04-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Default 🥰

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well said.
Love you, Gracie. Always the voice of reason! 🦠😷
Old 04-10-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We had to go over to Winn Dixie near Spanish Springs today for a few necessities. On the way over we went through Ruby Tuesday's parking lot. A couple walked across the parking lot and went up to the door of the restaurant which was covered in signs saying that they were closed, and tried to open the door. One of them just grabbed the door handle and pulled.

Inside of Winn Dixie it was very crowded and most people were moving pretty slowly. As I was waiting for a few people in front of me to move or get out of the way, a guy goes flying past me and actually bumped into my right arm. So much of keeping six feet away.

As we approached the bakery area there are two women that appeared to be friends chatting. One of them was wearing gloves. I swear they were talking into each other's faces from a distance of about 16 inches. As I walked by I heard one of them comment that the last time she got the flu she almost died.

The cashier wasn't wearing gloves and didn't seemed concerned that some of the customers were getting very close to her.

I wanted to take a bath in alcohol after seeing all this.
It was about the same at Publix the other day. I was getting some corn on the cob and a woman walked up, all in a hurry for whatever reason, and actually hit me in the shoulder. I just looked at her and said "you don't have a tv or radio??? Social distancing?" She looked at me like I was from another planet! People don't get it and don't care.... just wait if this place explodes with cases and deaths. They MIGHT wake up... doubt it!
Old 04-10-2020, 12:36 PM
Default 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Everthing shut here.
Footpads and outlaws roam the streets at will.
Tumbrils are on the streets clearing bodies, as we put our dead out at night for collection.
Our doctors are charging the earth to bleed patients, although the wealthy can still get access to leaches.
Goat manure poltices are completely out of stock.
We are living on grass and nettle soup, with the odd rat thrown in if you are lucky enough to catch one.
Our backsides are filthy,as we are eating the grass we usually use to wipe them.
Our Government has decided to invade France, but as we have no navy anymore, having a problem getting troops across, as the Ferries are on strike.
If we cannot get the troops to France soon, we will go for plan B. and have a civil war instead.
A good war always takes your mind of plagues.
Apart from those odd inconveniences, all is normal here!
Stay well.

PS. No comms. as all the pigeons have been eaten
OMG...you nailed it! What a great response to that troll!!! Laughing so hard, you made my day! Thanks and stay safe 😷😷
Old 04-10-2020, 03:47 PM

Calm down man. You worry too much.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
The Governor of Maryland said that 46% of the hospitalizations from coronavirus are people under 60. He said this past week half were in their 20s, 30s and 40s. Everybody is at risk. Deaths are still primarily over 60, so far.
Being from Maryland, and knowing the political nature of Gov. Hogan, I challenge you to provide us with a citation to support that statement.

Looking here one might understand, with Hogan's comorbidity, how he might be concerned.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

One thing that concerns me - is couples who go shopping together, or families that go together. This is really not the time to experience togetherness in a supermarket. I get that the kids need to get out of the house. I totally get it. I also totally get that your wife, or husband, or sister, brother, needs to be able to enjoy your company outside the confines of your four walls, in a social situation.

But you really all need to stop doing it at stores, for now. There are already more people shopping than usual at supermarkets because frankly, there's no other place to go. Take turns. Write up lists, with alternatives. Bring your cell phones and don't be shy about using them to call your significant other and tell him "they don't have the baked ham, can you tolerate the boiled just this once dear?"

You don't need an entire family of four to go grocery shopping. Heck the other stores ARE closed in the strip mall, why not have the other three go for a walk, while one of you is inside doing the actual shopping? You can meet back at the car. That way everyone gets out of the house, is able to maintain a safe distance from other people while still enjoying the existence of those other people.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, people, wearing, gloves, walked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.