I can't believe that some people still don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 08:59 AM

doc, you can't fix stupid
Old 03-28-2020, 09:02 AM

I don’t think it has anything to do with being paranoid I think it has everything to do with being responsible
Old 03-28-2020, 09:03 AM

Sounds like we have a bunch of morons here in TV who are so pig headed that they are in the MeMeMe syndrome.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:05 AM

Have you read someplace that you can’t catch it again or be a carrier. I had heard they don’t know enough about this virus yet to determine if you will be immune after getting it. Without the research to confirm it, I would think you can get it again and pass it along again.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:19 AM

EVERYONE needs to be PARANOID. This is a killer disease, spread from one person to another..and yes in the air, and on almost everything you touch. DONT YOU GET IT.... to insult someone because they are concerned about getting covid-19 is typical of the ego and attitude of many Villages. Like the man this morning who WALKED STRAIGHT AT ME when I was blinded by the early morning sun, and luckily I was able to jump in the road before I bumped into him, no way was he going to move, such a gentleman............. fill in your comments on that here..............
Old 03-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We had to go over to Winn Dixie near Spanish Springs today for a few necessities. On the way over we went through Ruby Tuesday's parking lot. A couple walked across the parking lot and went up to the door of the restaurant which was covered in signs saying that they were closed, and tried to open the door. One of them just grabbed the door handle and pulled.

Inside of Winn Dixie it was very crowded and most people were moving pretty slowly. As I was waiting for a few people in front of me to move or get out of the way, a guy goes flying past me and actually bumped into my right arm. So much of keeping six feet away.

As we approached the bakery area there are two women that appeared to be friends chatting. One of them was wearing gloves. I swear they were talking into each other's faces from a distance of about 16 inches. As I walked by I heard one of them comment that the last time she got the flu she almost died.

The cashier wasn't wearing gloves and didn't seemed concerned that some of the customers were getting very close to her.

I wanted to take a bath in alcohol after seeing all this.
I know this doesn't have anything to do with Florida & TV but here in Flower Mound, TX. we have a high end grocery & their price are a little high but when you go into the store, at the door they have someone there are wiping down the grocery carts & offering rubber gloves to anybody that wants them. The only thing they didn't have was Toilet Paper. (Brownie Film) I have to admit that all the other stores (grocery stores) we went to everybody did seem to keep about 6 ft. away & had mask on or rubber gloves. Maybe this thing will start getting better here in the next week to a month. Wishful thinking! Glad to hear that you are more cautious than most.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:10 AM

Bobandbev
How active are the PGR down there?we ride with them in Md.
As soon as we can get one of our scoots down there we will look you up
Stay well and keep riding!

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 03-28-2020, 10:12 AM

I'm still trying to figure out where all the masks are, no one is wearing them!!!! I wear mine when I have to go inside a store... ugh
Old 03-28-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevSparks View Post
I'm still trying to figure out where all the masks are, no one is wearing them!!!! I wear mine when I have to go inside a store... ugh
In addition to providing you some protection, and protecting others from you, wearing the mask has another serendipitous benefit ..

People see it, assume you may have something, and tend to stay further away thus facilitating social distancing.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:37 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I am really amazed it did not hit here first , and fast with so many traveling fulfilling their dreams . The fact that it has taken this long, and has not been more devastating is truly amazing.
I personally think most will get it or have it but since only those sick enough to be admitted to the hospitals are tested , most will never know . With allergies in full force and cold & flu season here ,people just need to use common sense . Every time I have gone to a grocery store people have been packed in line , shelves empty of everything ( are people really eating so much more or pooping like crazy?) and then the same ones judging others seem to be those hoarding everything they can fit in a cart . I personally think it is time for kindness not judgement . Many breaking the rules do not mean to be selfish , before we judge maybe we need to remember that we don’t know what is going on in that person/ family’s life that could be creating clouded mind .. maybe the guy that tried to just walk in is a nurse or retail worker who has been in the front lines working 60 hrs a week and needed aspirin or whatever so badly because they had to be back at work in 10 min to serve the public , and are so tired they are moving on instinct instead of malice. Or maybe they have a very sick child , just lost a loved one, we just never know what others are going through and judgement is the last thing needed right now.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:24 AM

Publix Brownwood has strips on floor that are 6' apart. $15 for safe, no-contact delivery

Click above SAFE link (Coronavirus FREE) – free delivery first order 45-55 minutes; then $1.99 after that.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:29 AM

I was as "distancer" before distancing was cool
Old 03-28-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Maybe some of these carefree people have already had covid 19 and they are over it. This sounds crazy to some of the extremely paranoid, but, people have began appearing on the other side and are no longer contagious or susceptible to catch it again. Just a thought.
How do you know you cannot get covid19 a second time? This is a new virus and nothing is known about it. Everyone should be self isolating except for necessary trips to obtain food or medications. Please stop spreading unsubstantiated information
Old 03-28-2020, 12:54 PM
Default Kill the Virus this way

RJV Rule for Pools- Open at 50% capacity. 2 hour shifts of people. Chlorine/water bottle spray scattered around all tables and chairs. No one within 6 ft of another or asked to leave by attendants. Chlorine water and sun kills the virus. Let's go Villages Pools. Open so we can exercise and get some sun.

All should Send this to disrictgov.org in comments
Old 03-28-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayViall View Post
RJV Rule for Pools- Open at 50% capacity. 2 hour shifts of people. Chlorine/water bottle spray scattered around all tables and chairs. No one within 6 ft of another or asked to leave by attendants. Chlorine water and sun kills the virus. Let's go Villages Pools. Open so we can exercise and get some sun.

All should Send this to disrictgov.org in comments
Where did you get the info that sun and chlorine kill the virus?
Closed Thread

Tags
door, people, wearing, gloves, walked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.