I Can't Believe What I Just Did...

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Default I Can't Believe What I Just Did...

Wifey and I just committed to buy a site in the Village of St. James!

We are meeting with our Sales Rep at 1230 to sign the contract. We will have to start construction within 90 days.

Until yesterday, a new home purchase was not on the horizon; a build-from-scratch new home was even further out of range. Now, it's a reality.

I saw TV for the first time when I competed in the State Sr Games track/field Championships in 2005. LSL had just opened earlier that month.

Sept 2010, Wifey and I do an LPP.

2011 brought a 5 day visit in a rented private home a 1 day overnight in March, a visit last w/end, and a last minute dash up here yesterday for the sole purpose of scouting new sites for the first time.

In 2 hours, the saga continues...and a new life path will begin.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Platinum member

Welcome to TV. It will be the smartest thing you ever did, other than marrying your spouse of course.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post

We are meeting with our Sales Rep at 1230 to sign the contract. We will have to start construction within 90 days.

Until yesterday, a new home purchase was not on the horizon; a build-from-scratch new home was even further out of range. Now, it's a reality.

I saw TV for the first time when I competed in the State Sr Games track/field Championships in 2005. LSL had just opened earlier that month.

2011 brought a 5 day visit in a rented private home a 1 day overnight in March, a visit last w/end, and a last minute dash up here yesterday for the sole purpose of scouting new sites for the first time.

!! This is the best decision you have ever made for yourselves! What an exciting time! You will be a "Villager" before you know it!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Sage

Way to go, G! Sounds like a good decision to me!

Bill
Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:

Congrats! Save a spot at the pool for me!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage

What a story... how exciting! Congratulations and all the best to you both.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Gold member

Congrats! I understand completely. I am usually the kind of gal that thinks things through a couple of hundred times before making a big life decision. 2 exceptions: met Hubs in August of 07 and married him that November. Bought a house in TV in 48 hours. I hope the second decision works out as well as the first one....
Old 05-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage

Gmcneill,

Amazing things can happen when you follow your dreams. You done good!!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Sage

Just courious, why do you have to start construction in 90 days? I thought you had a year on a lot purchased.
Anyway you won't be sorry.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Time for a Happy Dance
Old 05-21-2011, 03:25 PM

I begin by saying MANY thanks and MUCH appreciation for your combined wishes and support!!

Yes, you are correct , with one exception: when a neighborhood has reached sold, 90 days. The site we purchased was just released back on the market. Our sales associate- Sharon Crenshaw, a SUPER person and Sales Rep whom I highly recommend!- called and emailed me, immediately as a just in case; she was able to hold it 'til today.

Again, thank you future neighbors and friends!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Sage

ummm yeah... Don't you have a year to start building???
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:

A big time congrats....Welcome to TV!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 05-21-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
ummm yeah... Don't you have a year to start building???
One year is the normal start to build period except, according to our sales associate, when one obtains a site in neighborhood that has reached buildout.

That is what happened in our case: last year someone reserved the site; had one year to begin construction; was unable to begin construction w/in one year; had to give up the site; TV released the site back to the open market;

Sharon Crenshaw, our sales associate, immediately grabbed the site the moment it was released; today we signed a TON of forms and documents (I hope that I didn't trade off my first born as collateral) and paid our $2500.

Bc the Village of St James reached build out in the past year, we are required to begin construction w/in 90 days. If we fail to do so,
we will have to give back the site, and forfeit the $2500.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:34 PM

Congrats. Where in St. James is your new house going to be? We currently have a lot on hold on Hopespring Loop and our contract says one year.

Is all of St. James sold out?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.