I could not believe my eyes.

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: I could not believe my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig
:#1: OK, Tal..you get the award for cool, intellectual pictures..many of them!
Thanks, I think. I have been in areas where if you approach someone walking their dog in wrong manner (both meanings), then this person might throw the poop at you.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac

Would not want the TV to turn into some place like New York City or various other locales where neighbors get into lawsuits and/or fistfights about something as petty as poop on someone else's property.
Ah, without doubt the words of someone who does not own property.

When one has spent many thousands of dollars and/or hours and hours of hard labor creating and maintaining a good lawn, one does not want to become the neighborhood toilet. Just because one has a nice corner lot, it does not give every pet owner the right to bring their animal there whenever it requires a bowel movement. If urine was so beneficial to grass, Chem Lawn would be using it. They're not. It's not.

I realize yours is the most adorable, friendly, cuddly creature ever and would not hurt a soul. They all are to someone, be they schnauzers, spaniels, or pit bulls. So were the two who mauled by great nephew. In a perfect world, pet owners would keep their animals on their own property. But it's not perfect, so I accept the fact that many pet owners think my yard is a urinal because I live on a corner. I just pity the poor neighbor who has the first yard outside the entrance to the villas. His front yard looks like Giants Stadium at halftime.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Ah, without doubt the words of someone who does not own property.

When one has spent many thousands of dollars and/or hours and hours of hard labor creating and maintaining a good lawn, one does not want to become the neighborhood toilet. Just because one has a nice corner lot, it does not give every pet owner the right to bring their animal there whenever it requires a bowel movement. If urine was so beneficial to grass, Chem Lawn would be using it. They're not. It's not.

I realize yours is the most adorable, friendly, cuddly creature ever and would not hurt a soul. They all are to someone, be they schnauzers, spaniels, or pit bulls. So were the two who mauled by great nephew. In a perfect world, pet owners would keep their animals on their own property. But it's not perfect, so I accept the fact that many pet owners think my yard is a urinal because I live on a corner. I just pity the poor neighbor who has the first yard outside the entrance to the villas. His front yard looks like Giants Stadium at halftime.
You could start a movement to get fences in TV? That would solve your concern about dogs peeing on lawns.

My dog was bit rather badly by a Weimaraner mix at the Doggie Doo Run Run in early August 2007 and I still watch out for other dogs that might take a bite out of him both here in TV and at the Doggie Doo Run Run.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

:#1efinitely meant as a compliment! Who are gentlemen in the pics? Balzac?
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig
:#1efinitely meant as a compliment! Who are gentlemen in the pics? Balzac?
Wilhelm Grimm.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:30 PM

This is for Nonie who thinks it is ok for dogs to use your lawn for a toilet.
I totally disagree with you, when a dog does his duty and it is picked up,the smell is there and other dogs pick up the smell ,, now all dogs are using the same place as there toilet.
Best bet is to let your dog do his/her duty on your own lawn and the problem will be solved.
P.S.I had dogs of my own and I always kept them on my own property.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

We plan on a courtyard villa...a MAJOR reason for which is so our dog can go in our own back yard and not someone else's. My wife and I do not even have a meeting of the minds on this. She believes when you walk a dog it is recreational for the dog, meaning the dog should be let to do whatever it wants whereever it wants.

My principles and practice is the dog should do business only in the owners (my) yard. Walking is for exercise and non-excrementary recreation (did I just invent a new word?) - showing off, looking at the sights, sniffing the air, etc.. In other words, we keep walking.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Sage

Talk Host:

Please open a Dog Poop Forum in somewhere other than General Villages - I would bet that there are more posts about dog poop than any other subject in TOTV.

Thank You

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci
We plan on a courtyard villa...a MAJOR reason for which is so our dog can go in our own back yard and not someone else's. My wife and I do not even have a meeting of the minds on this. She believes when you walk a dog it is recreational for the dog, meaning the dog should be let to do whatever it wants whereever it wants.

My principles and practice is the dog should do business only in the owners (my) yard. Walking is for exercise and non-excrementary recreation (did I just invent a new word?) - showing off, looking at the sights, sniffing the air, etc.. In other words, we keep walking.
Well Said!! completely, hope we're neighbors! Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Sage

The Villages provides 47 Golf Courses, 91 Recreation Centers and 69 Pools. I hear TV also recently provided upgraded play facilities for visiting grandchildren.

The Villages allows two dogs per household. And this is great as pets provide many benefits to seniors. Yet TV has no dog walking areas. Of course pets should not be walked on neighbours' properties!

In spite of welcoming thousands of dogs to TV, the developer has made no provision for 2 or 3 fenced dog parks. I think a few centrally-located dog parks would go a long way to making everyone much happier. And owners would pick up after their dogs, or be reminded by other dog owners to do so.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage

Excellent idea BF and Barb,

Fortunately the neighbors in our area are very understanding and not nearly as "anal" about these embarassing accidents! :

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've owned and loved many dogs in my lifetime. Barring an Old English who was trained to be off lead at all times, they were always on a lead and curb trained. That is, they'd do their duty into the gutter and I'd clean it up. Barring when they were pups and didn't quite get it, my dogs never squatted on someone's lawn or hoisted a leg on a bush or tree. They did think fire hydrants and telephone poles were fair game and I rather agreed with them -- provided it was on public property, i.e., far side of the sidewalk.

As to the Old English, I got him when he was older and there was just too much fur on him for a collar -- he'd be matted within 30 minutes of having it on. However, he always heeled when we walked and stayed where he was told to. He truly was totally voice and hand trained. Even so, it took me a good year before I was comfortable with the idea that this dog didn't have a lead on him. Sleeper became the love of my life. Other than work, that dog truly went where I went.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-29-2007, 09:19 PM

I posted a rather lengthy but cute reply to this subject and I can't find it. Do you not post all of them. :dontknow: Where did it go? >
Old 12-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
Chuck....With all due respect, .....CHILL

Members/Visitors all have a choice of what they want to read here in TOTV. I choose to ignore golf subjects since I don't know anything about the game. If you are annoyed at the "Dog Poop" subject, simply don't go there, huh? Tch, tch, such an exaggeration you write, "I would bet that there are more posts about dog poop than any other subject in TOTV." C'mon man, smile.

barb1191
Dear Barb:

If this topic was in an area that was labeled issues with animals or some other title the unsuspecting folks who opened a post titled "I could not believe my eyes" would be spared more discussions about dog crap.

And, it is my right as a citizen of this country to express my opinions even if they disagree with yours.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltlady
I posted a rather lengthy but cute reply to this subject and I can't find it. Do you not post all of them. :dontknow: Where did it go? >
Posts are not filtered through the administrators before they appear on the board. Almost 100% of the time, me included, posts are lost when the poster clicks on the wrong button or closes the window before it is posted. Nobody censored your post.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.