I Do Not Agree With This

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I do not think CDD 7 has a rep on the AAC. You just brought in TV so maybe you don't understand all the "ins and outs" yet. North of 466, the developer has completed his "build out" meaning no more homes are being built here. Local government, in the form of the CDD (Community Development Districts) are taking over governing their districts. South of 466, the Developer still owns a lot of "housing" land that is being developed. As a (at one point the only) landowner, he appointed members to the various CDD's south of 466 and de facto controls them. It sounds like there are two governments here - one north of 466 and one south - and that is sort of true, at the moment.

As far as the AAC goes, there is a protection in place to keep both "aides" of TV in synch. Whatever the AAC approves for recreation facilities north of 466, the CDDs south of 466 must also approve so that the "rules" are the same throughout TV.

Short answer, CDD7 probably is not part of the AAC at this point in time (will be eventually though) so you have no AAC representative. The board members of CDD7 serve the function.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Thanks Brian. That does make sense.

Army Guy
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBuckeyeIII View Post
Wow, so then I have to continue driving by an empty court....

Tax dollars at work!
AHHH but not your tax dollars, There mine , and its really a question of TRESPASSING or NOT TRESPASSING ,,,,,,And you sir are TRESPASSING..
As we WOLVERINES have to remind you buckeyes all the time...

THERE AIN'T NO FREE LUNCH...........

Last edited by The Great Fumar; 05-28-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM

I agree with Red Witch

drd
Old 05-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Default They can use mine

They can use my tee times and golf lanes, and pool time and baseball diamonds and card tables anytime they want .............. I never use any of that stuff anyway. Besides I'm not that much of a stuffed shirt. We should welcome neighbors, not ignore them. What if we needed to use their facilities for something? Would you want to be treated like a leper?

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs View Post
They can use my tee times and golf lanes, and pool time and baseball diamonds and card tables anytime they want .............. I never use any of that stuff anyway. Besides I'm not that much of a stuffed shirt. We should welcome neighbors, not ignore them. What if we needed to use their facilities for something? Would you want to be treated like a leper?
Why do you live in the Villages?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:07 AM

I agree that we SHOULD allow this....there are only 15 support groups here in the Villages:

Airheads C O P D Exercise Group
ALS-Muscular Disease
Deaf&Hard of Hearing Social
Diabetes Group
Fibromyalgia Support
Gynecologic Cancer Support
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Man to Man Group (Prostate Cancer)
MS Support Group
Osteoporosis Support Group
Parkinson Exercise Group
Parkinson Game Club
Sarcoidosis Support
Stroke Survivors
Visually Impaired Persons

The people who go to these groups must sign in on a sheet of paper and then the paper is given to the recreation staff for their records. The group can also have no more than 10 non residents at each meeting.

This is NOT for use of pools, basketball courts, etc. ONLY support groups. Have a heart, people. What if it were YOUR family member, or YOU personally? Be GLAD that you are able to be healthy and afford to live where you do, free of the above ailments. And be PROUD to live in a place that HAS groups like this that can offer support to those less fortunate!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down

Quote:
This means that each support group /club in The Villages
It looks like the original post not only indicates support groups but club also.

If this is correct to me it means then anyone can participate in the clubs and to me this just isn't right. Why own in the villages and pay fees if this is the case?

BTW I don't believe there is any indication in the original post that non-villagers can use the rec facilities such as the pools, tennis, basket ball and pickleball courts.

I think we have not been represented in our best interest!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM

dadspet:

the original post is wrong. the change is only for the medically related support groups, not clubs. The change is an excellent one. My wife and I participate in one of those 15 groups listed in a previous posting. there are individuals in the immediate area around TV who suffer from the same serious health issue but have no support group to utilize due to the limited population. By attending the meetings of the group, they are able to meet with similarly afflicted individuals and also hear from health care and other professionals on how to better their lives. all it costs TV is a folding chair for the person to sit in for about 2 hours a month. It is indeed the right thing to do!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

ohio,

Sounds like a church allowing the scouts, or AA or Habitat for Humanity use the church hall for meetings. These groups do not necessarily add cash to the collection plate - but they do enrich the parish and community in other ways,
Old 05-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Yes, the original post mentioned clubs which was the part I didn't agree with. Then I spoke to my district rep and he explained it. I don't see anything wrong with a few non-residents attending a medical support group.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:22 AM

I trust you got a chance to sign the petition that was going around TV in June that addresses just this. Single resident households getting a second pass for a companion or a special ID that includes one companion. If not, you can sign it at the July 8 meeting to be held at the Savannah Center at 1:30 to whenever. We will need you to be there to support the speakers.

bigfox
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfox View Post
I trust you got a chance to sign the petition that was going around TV in June that addresses just this. Single resident households getting a second pass for a companion or a special ID that includes one companion. If not, you can sign it at the July 8 meeting to be held at the Savannah Center at 1:30 to whenever. We will need you to be there to support the speakers.

bigfox
The petition and guest passes have nothing to do with this issue. If your girlfriend from off campus wants to join one of the specified support groups, she's free to do so if there's room. But she's still not getting into the dance.

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Default Agree because...

Because the DEAF population of the Villages is less than 0.1%, there are some outsiders which we, the support group (Deaf and Hard of Hearing Social Times), want to interact with. It is only once a month. Is that the problem?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
Because the DEAF population of the Villages is less than 0.1%, there are some outsiders which we, the support group (Deaf and Hard of Hearing Social Times), want to interact with. It is only once a month. Is that the problem?
If you are addressing Muncle you probably need to know that he passed on on November 7th.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.