I Do Not Agree With This

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBuckeyeIII View Post
I am GLAD they approved this....

As a person who does not live in The Villages and loves playing basketball, the only courts around my area are congested with young teens (I'm talking about 25-30 on just 1 court!).... So it's impossible to enjoy playing a game without a TON of harassment....

Now, there is a Villages recreation center with a basketball court off of 466A that NOONE except me ever plays at... I don't cause any harm to anyone, I just try play for awhile and leave... A few months ago I was kicked off because I was not a resident nor was I a family member of a resident with a guest ID....

There's nothing worse than driving by a basketball court that's not used by anyone... I am glad they approved this...
First, I am glad that most of the TV posters here agree that support groups should be open to TV neighbors.

FL, hope you keep enjoying your basketball. I also I hope you can understand why opening the TV rec. amenitites to the public is different and does not make sense. It's not because we are mean! Here is my understanding-- someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

Your taxes did not pay for these facilities. The costs to build and maintain the commons areas inside The Villages is paid by Villages homeowners. In addition to paying maintenance bonds, TVers pay an amenities fee to use the rec facilities. It wouldn't make sense for TVers to pay for the facilities and for non-TVers to use them for free. In addition, if the facilities were open to the public, they would become overcrowded, too. So, the TVers who must pay both to maintain and use these facilities would have limited access, in order to accomodate people who are not paying to maintain or use the facilities.

Hope this helps. Peace and good wishes.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Nothing new.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
To my neighbors and Friends in The Villages:

On April 8, 2009 the AMENITY AUTHORITY BOARD (AAC) voted to allow local non-Village residents to our recreation center by a vote of 3 to 2.

This means that each support group /club in The Villages will be allowed to have 10 NON RESIDENTS at each meeting or function. There are presently 31 Support Groups/Clubs using our recreation centers with no limit as to how many groups may be formed in the future. Presently, this would allow 310 additional NON RESIDENTS to use our facilities.

These NON RESIDENTS DO NOT PAY OUR AMENITY FEES...and I believe that a Group/Club should be required to pay a USER FEE if they want to bring in Non Residents.

For your information: CDD1 and CDD2 VOTED AGAINST ALLOWING NON RESIDENTS USE OF THE FACILITIES....BUT CDD3, CDD4 AND LADY LAKE VOTED TO ALLOW NON RESIDENTS TO USE THE FACILITIES.

You can contact your Representative and let them know that you do not want NON RESIDENTS using the Recreational Facilities at:

CDD1 CARL BELL 750-1251

CDD2 MARTY ROTHBARD 753-9065

CDD3 JOHN WILCOX 259-4380

CDD4 RICH LAMBRECHT 751-4380

LADY LAKE ELDON SHELDON 750-0198

NOW IS THE TIME TO VOICE YOUR DISAPPROVAL or APPROVAL of wheat the AMENITY AUTHORITY BOARD has authorized with you money. If the action by the AAC upsets you....SEND THIS MESSAGE OUT TO ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS IN THE VILLAGES.

This info was sent to me by a neighbor who attended the meeting and I'm forwarding it.
People with any phyiscal loss (vision, hearing, mobility, etc.) do not have a disease. We are not looking for a cure but ACCEPTANCE. Why cannot this friendliest City accept us?
Old 02-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Do I detect a pattern of fishing or trolling????

I personally believe you are totally out of synch with the reality of the openess of TV on just about issue.
There is a response you are targeting and being unduly derogatory to a very big hearted community!!!!!

btk
Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 AM

Just like stupid is not a disease.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:30 PM

I will heartily support the AAC and will suggest to increase to 25 non-resident members. Those support groups do not make money and do support each other at their own. Let's wait till the day you become a victim of any disability and you will realize that interacting with those people, regardless of residency, with various disabilities will reward you. The Villages should not be a GHETTO!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
First, I am glad that most of the TV posters here agree that support groups should be open to TV neighbors.

FL, hope you keep enjoying your basketball. I also I hope you can understand why opening the TV rec. amenitites to the public is different and does not make sense. It's not because we are mean! Here is my understanding-- someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

Your taxes did not pay for these facilities. The costs to build and maintain the commons areas inside The Villages is paid by Villages homeowners. In addition to paying maintenance bonds, TVers pay an amenities fee to use the rec facilities. It wouldn't make sense for TVers to pay for the facilities and for non-TVers to use them for free. In addition, if the facilities were open to the public, they would become overcrowded, too. So, the TVers who must pay to maintain and use these facilities would have limited access, in order to accomodate people who are not paying to maintain or use the facilities.

Hope this helps. Peace and good wishes.
Well said, Pturner - It is crowded now during the in season. Can you imagine what it
would be like if non-residents would be admitted, not to mention it would be at OUR expense?
I do agree with the medical support, however.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

...Now, there is a Villages recreation center with a basketball court off of 466A that NOONE except me ever plays at... I don't cause any harm to anyone, I just try play for awhile and leave... A few months ago I was kicked off because I was not a resident nor was I a family member of a resident with a guest ID....

I'm sure you wouldn't mind if a few of us dropped over and used your backyard for a barbeque some afternoon while you're away. We would, of course, clean up any mess we might make. Be sure to leave the back door unlocked so we can use the bathroom and kitchen sink.
Oh yeah, if any of us gets injured don't worry... we probably won't sue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.