I don't understand such strong "feeling" against dogs

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G
Default Re: I don't understand such strong "feeling" against dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
They are usually indoors though, SteveZ? Have not seen a catwalker in TV yet. I suppose it will happen though.
THERE USED TO A MAN THAT WOULD WALK HIS CAT ON A LEASH THRU SPANISH SPRINGS SQUARE. I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN A LONG TIME. SOMETHING MAY HAVE HAPPENED TO HIM.

THERE WAS ANOTHER THAT WOULD RIDE HIS CAT IN HIS GOLF CART AROUND THE SQUARES.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS G
THERE USED TO A MAN THAT WOULD WALK HIS CAT ON A LEASH THRU SPANISH SPRINGS SQUARE. I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN A LONG TIME. SOMETHING MAY HAVE HAPPENED TO HIM.

THERE WAS ANOTHER THAT WOULD RIDE HIS CAT IN HIS GOLF CART AROUND THE SQUARES.
Have not seen either of these. >
Old 11-30-2007, 02:50 PM

This kind of topic should have reached its end a long time ago. Sad that it is continuing on and on and on.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm01
This kind of topic should have reached its end a long time ago. Sad that it is continuing on and on and on.
It is off on a lot of tangents now like rescuing stray and feral cats and the like. :dontknow:
Old 11-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci
That depends. If you had a bird feeder that contained 20 lbs. of seed, had 20 feeding holes in it that attracted and fed 500 birds a day that pooped all over your neighbors patios, I would say "probably not." The ruckus and mess created by how many birds equals the ruckus and mess created by one stray dog or cat in the neighborhood? So it pretty much depends on if you give a hang or not about your neighbors, doesn't it.
I have forwarded your post to the Poop Police on Patrol. They promise to drop by your patio daily to make sure it is sterile. :cop:
Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Thanks!* :bigthumbsup: Too bad we need them... if people were more responsible with their half-way commitment to their "not quite pets" and more considerate of their neighbors we wouldn't need poop police. ;D
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Sage

Taltarzac, I just noticed that you lived in Itasca IL. We're from Bloomingdale, IL. Close neighbor. My husband had his practice (Veterinarian) in Schaumburg for over 34 years!
What a small world. Obviously we love dogs and cats. Haven't run into any anti dog people. But we've only been here a month. I'm not worried. I have no use for people that don't love animals and I have no problems voicing my opinions. Nice to meet you.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
This is off in a different dog direction, but I thought it might be a good place to get an answer:

Does anybody know of an on line source where dog Christmas ornaments can be found? It is easy to find an individual dog ornament here and there, but I want to find a source where lots of different kinds can be bought. And what would be really nice is if they came in sets and were not ridiculously expensive. This is for making a small Christmas tree of nothing but dog ornaments.
http://www.christmas-decorations-gif...5/products.asp http://www.forpetlovers.com/christma...-c-25_197.html

More expensive-- http://www.k9gifts.com/holiday-ornaments/index.html
Old 12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
T,

Thank you for the website addresses.

BB
These http://www.segwaycollection.com/dogchor.html dog ornaments are neat but it looks like many are out of stock right now. Must be popular. :dontknow:
Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Taltarzac, I just noticed that you lived in Itasca IL. We're from Bloomingdale, IL. Close neighbor. My husband had his practice (Veterinarian) in Schaumburg for over 34 years!
What a small world. Obviously we love dogs and cats. Haven't run into any anti dog people. But we've only been here a month. I'm not worried. I have no use for people that don't love animals and I have no problems voicing my opinions. Nice to meet you.
My father and mother are from Itasca. I went back there in late Autumn of 1994 to help take care of an uncle who had lost an arm and a leg as well as part of his skull to a German tree burst tank shell. He had been on a scouting patrol in Italy in 1944 when this happened. I was helping my aunt out until my uncle could get into a nearby nursing home.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:34 AM

I just wanted to reply to everyone and thank those who took the time to help me understand. I love animals and the people who love them IF those people are responsible owners and care for their animals properly and take care when they come in contact with others or others' property. Sure are a lot of feelings about this subject!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 PM

I like dogs. I don't own one, but I enjoy them when I'm in their company (& most other critters, as well). My only objection is owners "toileting" their pets on my property. There is no reason for this. They can let their dogs relieve themselves on their own property & then walk them. Thanks for your consideration.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.