I got an appt in the Pulix site today.

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwahlstrom View Post
I tried to get on Publix a few weeks ago. What was the website and what was the phone number please?
Publix.com/covidvaccine. No phone number, you have to go through the website. After you finish getting an appointment, go to the bottom of the page and “click” (I forget what it said) and you’ll be able to look for another appointment time if you need too.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:36 AM

About the publix site, it open again Wed, the 27th at 6 am. (no, it doesn't open early).There are no choices for Sumter, Marion will be the closest. You cannot choose a county until the site becomes available, and you just have to keep watching until it does. It states clearly when bookings are available. Select book an appointment and choose one of the pharmacies. If you don't get your first choice keep trying.
You can only sign up one person at a time. Type fast.
Sumter Health department is taking over the global response appointments, starting with 1000 doses they have received. It will go in order of those already signed up there first. Sumter already had administered about 600 doses to the general public from their one day phone call in and the one day on line registration. Those people have been told they will receive the second dose on Feb. 1 or 3rd.
Keep checking everywhere daily, including health departments, news stations, and the governor's office. I called both the health department and the governor's office several times to try to get the latest information. I go to the news stations web pages every day also.

I have also read that a statewide sign up is coming soon...we'll see.
Hope this may be helpful.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:37 AM

Great that was very helpful thank you
Old 01-23-2021, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post
I got an appt today. Just some comments that I hope helps.

I was waiting for over an hour with my phone and computer. Both were logged in to the system. My phone got the first hit to make an appointment. My computer never got a hit. Just luck I'm sure.

The screen pops up with a message that I can book an appt. At that time I'm allowed to select a county. You can't select a county while you are in the queue.

I picked Marion and it gave me several stores to pick from. Ocala stores were the closest. I selected one and available times popped up. I selected one.

There were multiple questions that I had to answer about my health and emergency contacts.

Then there was some box to click into agreeing to some kind of policy and then a box stating "that I am not a robot".

Here's where it gets funky. When I did all that I got a message that the time slot I picked was taken. It asked me to schedule another time.

I did that and there was a list of available stores. I picked another one and the process started again. Select time and answer the questions again. I have autofil on my phone so that helped.

I got another message that the time slot was taken. This happened 5-6 times. The last time I just selected the first store in the list so I could save a few seconds.

It worked. The store is in DeLand, but no big deal to me. You get a confirmation # and an email confirming. Also, the second shot was confirmed at the same location.

So hang in there once you get in and keep trying. It was really easy. But I got nervous when I keep getting the message the time was booked. Keep trying.

Hope this helps.
I disagree with the WHOLE process. Why subject ALL of America to wasting their time on the phone or computer and driving in circles wasting time and gas. Surely, we are better than that! WE have the top economy in the world. Surely some math and science professors at some University can come up with a better system. I would suggest using some (?) system of CHANCE where everyone, say over 65, that wants a vaccine registers online - then CHANCE determines who is first served. Does anyone else believe, as iI do, that our government could put a stop to this "catch as catch can" and MINDLESS current system of choosing vaccine recipients?
Old 01-23-2021, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I disagree with the WHOLE process. Why subject ALL of America to wasting their time on the phone or computer and driving in circles wasting time and gas. Surely, we are better than that! WE have the top economy in the world. Surely some math and science professors at some University can come up with a better system. I would suggest using some (?) system of CHANCE where everyone, say over 65, that wants a vaccine registers online - then CHANCE determines who is first served. Does anyone else believe, as iI do, that our government could put a stop to this "catch as catch can" and MINDLESS current system of choosing vaccine recipients?
We are better than "that".
Instead of math or science professors....just get those who earn their living every day forecasting and keeping high volume production running without shutting down or running out.

Good old fashioned production control and forecasting....nothing new need be invented....it is operating every day where there is production output of any kind.
There is no mystery given the known variables in the process, production and shipping of completed doses of vaccine.....NONE!
Old 01-23-2021, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We are better than "that".
Instead of math or science professors....just get those who earn their living every day forecasting and keeping high volume production running without shutting down or running out.

Good old fashioned production control and forecasting....nothing new need be invented....it is operating every day where there is production output of any kind.
There is no mystery given the known variables in the process, production and shipping of completed doses of vaccine.....NONE!
Agreed! Any system would work better than the current, stupid system.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:04 PM

Thank you for your info. Stay well.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:17 PM

You are amazing for sticking it out and persisting with the crazy process. I applaud you!
Old 01-23-2021, 04:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi

NYS Jones Beach parking lot vaccine injection site has a very good system of giving out the vaccine injecting you inside your car, Seems like Florida need to copy their system of dispensing the vaccine its a drive up site moving extremely fast and efficiently. They have a medic team on standby incase you get a reaction which I did thank G-d they were their team onsite.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:19 PM
Default Yes ,

Very thoughtful ‼️😇
Old 01-23-2021, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
NYS Jones Beach parking lot vaccine injection site has a very good system of giving out the vaccine injecting you inside your car, Seems like Florida need to copy their system of dispensing the vaccine its a drive up site moving extremely fast and efficiently. They have a medic team on standby incase you get a reaction which I did thank G-d they were their team onsite.
That's how most work here. Got our first shot in Wildwood 2+ weeks ago. Pull up, open window, get vaccinated, then pull over to the side and wait 15 minutes where there is a NP and an ambulance just in case then head home. Very well organized but unfortunately very limited doses.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
NYS Jones Beach parking lot vaccine injection site has a very good system of giving out the vaccine injecting you inside your car, Seems like Florida need to copy their system of dispensing the vaccine its a drive up site moving extremely fast and efficiently.
This is what they are doing in Lake County.

kathy
Old 01-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

There are about 21 million people in Florida. Approximately 3 to 4 million are over 65. When the vaccine is available for the rest of the population, getting am appointment will be a real mess. Maybe we are the lucky ones Appointment completion is low now.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, message, selected, stores, picked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.