I hate the flu!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Seriously do you guys get less colds and flu in the warm weather when you are out exercising, instead of cooped up indoors.
Poor Trudy!!!!
She's trying to get some sympathy,

and all you guys do is
hi-jack this thread!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Trudy, unfortunately this has been a very bad year down here in TV, everyone has been sick. The sun hasn't warmed us up for months and everyone I know is down with the

But its better than snow!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Veteran member

What will keep you from getting the flu, which is from viruses that our bodies were designed to be able to resist (as well as sinus and allergy symptoms, etc), is a strong (that is, a normal) immune system. Taking, consistently and compliantly, high quality pharmaceutical-grade nutritional supplements (Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements) is essential to that, for everyone, no matter how well they eat; like it or not, that is what all modern science irrefutably shows; and the AMA agrees; and it is something that most people today are not doing; even if they think that they are. Today, this is a no-brainer, essential, normal health habit, just like brushing our teeth. Our modern, industrialized world and food supply, and the influences those changes have made in the environment in which our bodies must live, have brought about this necessity. (And it beats injecting dead virus with ineffective flu shots). No one likes taking pills, but the reality is that we are all going to take either one type or another - and it is better to take vitamins all year, and be well and feel great (not to mention the other health advantages, both present and long-term), than take medicines for even a few days because being sick with the flu or other problems. Supplements, properly produced, cannot harm you; all medications can; and taken long-term, they all do.

After several months, if not sooner, you will begin to notice the improvement in your overall health and resistance; and it could take as long as a year to build up your immune system to its best health; but the bottom line is that people who do this don't get sick from flu, or other viruses and bacteria; that's what nature 'intended' for all of us; and is how we were designed.

For those who believe in science, and are not in denial of its directives, there is not another answer; the equally indispensable factors for gaining, maintaining and planning for (not just hoping for) long-term optimal health, not just 'getting by', are a good diet and adequate water, frequent moderate exercise, high quality supplements, and adequate restorative rest (sleeping in pitch darkness, using an eye mask if necessary, is essential to this). It's not just the number of our years, but the quality of them, that matters; we want to live until we die.

Last edited by Freeda; 03-19-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Recommend Please

Freeda,

You seem to be very knowledgeable about supplements. Which brands do you recommend? I don't have a copy of the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Rum is better. It prevents scurvy also.

Yoda
NO...Yoda. It does NOT prevent scurvy. ONLY if you mix it with orange juice or lime or lemon. It is the vitamin C that prevents scurvy. HOWEVER, if you drink rum straight frequently you won't notice you have scurvy.

I used to do that to prevent scurvy but found I broke items in my home and my toes, so I stopped. Now I just drink lemonade.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.