I have never seen traffic on this site so slow!

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default I have never seen traffic on this site so slow!

You can go two pages deep and find posts last commented on at 8:30 AM and that includes numerous classifieds. Just interesting to me, not trying to make any big point.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Christmas Shopping
Old 12-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

A whole lot of Fun, Controversial people have turned off their accounts for one reason or another. It is a shame in my opinion. People at advanced ages don't take well to spankings. I guess I'm in the minority on that count.

Makes you wonder if they just stop posting or if they got their Eternal member Designation but we don't know it.

97% of the people here on TOTV'S are fine 3% are Exceptional!

The 3% are the ones who stir the Pot and keep things active. Capiche?
Old 12-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
You can go two pages deep and find posts last commented on at 8:30 AM and that includes numerous classifieds. Just interesting to me, not trying to make any big point.
I have noticed the same thing. I know I will get jumped on for stating this, but i think many people are looking for threads that give them useful information about the goings on in the Villages. I think many people are getting really tired of logging into TOV and seeing "The Thread about Nothing" and "Three Word Sentences" over and over each time they check out the website. I know I don't have to open and read the threads, which I don't, but some new content would be most welcome. Just an opinion for what it's worth.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:52 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I have noticed the same thing. I know I will get jumped on for stating this, but i think many people are looking for threads that give them useful information about the goings on in the Villages. I think many people are getting really tired of logging into TOV and seeing "The Thread about Nothing" and "Three Word Sentences" over and over each time they check out the website. I know I don't have to open and read the threads, which I don't, but some new content would be most welcome. Just an opinion for what it's worth.
Given that they have close to 200,000 and over 500,000 views I think that may not be true. I think people are tired of the chronic complaining about the same issues over and over. Why don't you start a thread with some new content?
Old 12-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
A whole lot of Fun, Controversial people have turned off their accounts for one reason or another. It is a shame in my opinion. People at advanced ages don't take well to spankings. I guess I'm in the minority on that count.

Makes you wonder if they just stop posting or if they got their Eternal member Designation but we don't know it.

97% of the people here on TOTV'S are fine 3% are Exceptional!

The 3% are the ones who stir the Pot and keep things active. Capiche?
Capiche. Does anyone have a scrumptious recipe for mid western upside down apple ice cream double dip chocolate bread pudding delux like mama used to make for the snowy white currier and ives holiday season ?
Old 12-07-2018, 07:20 PM

Too many things for sale also. I thought there was a separate classified section for items for sale.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
No jumping.
Please feel free to start a thread on any topic at all. New content is always welcome.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Given that they have close to 200,000 and over 500,000 views I think that may not be true. I think people are tired of the chronic complaining about the same issues over and over. Why don't you start a thread with some new content?
I have started several new threads, some that have gotten little traffic, and some that have gotten a fair amount of traffic. What I don't understand is how the moderators seem to cancel many new threads that are very interesting within a a matter of days, and other threads that are way less interesting seem to go on forever. The longevity of some threads, as well as the fact that the same few people seem to visit them multiple times per day, amount to the huge number of hits on said threads. I would expect that the threads are allowed to go on forever so that the owners of TOV can use the traffic on these threads as a selling point for advertisement space? Go figure, if I was a potential advertiser, I would not be buying advertisement space based on the traffic generated from "The Thread About Nothing"?
Old 12-07-2018, 09:51 PM

The focus should be on quality. I find very good replies to honest questions from everyone. The people here (I find) are good.

What I don’t understand is the thread about nothing. Like the household items for sale, I will not reply to that posting...

It’s just me and nay honest reply to the OP.

Thanks for this forum.

Last edited by Tom C; 12-08-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
I have started several new threads, some that have gotten little traffic, and some that have gotten a fair amount of traffic. What I don't understand is how the moderators seem to cancel many new threads that are very interesting within a a matter of days, and other threads that are way less interesting seem to go on forever. The longevity of some threads, as well as the fact that the same few people seem to visit them multiple times per day, amount to the huge number of hits on said threads. I would expect that the threads are allowed to go on forever so that the owners of TOV can use the traffic on these threads as a selling point for advertisement space? Go figure, if I was a potential advertiser, I would not be buying advertisement space based on the traffic generated from "The Thread About Nothing"?
The bottom line is that this forum has many different sections/categories. Not everyone is going to like or want to participate in each subforum. The forum is set up to provide a variety of different topics for a wide scope of interests. This is to encourage participation. The "Something for Everyone" concept. What someone may be very interested in someone else may not care for it at all.

As stated earlier, you don't need to click on anything that doesn't interest you. If scrolling past the "Thread About Nothing" is that much of an inconvenience for you I really don't know what to say.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
As stated earlier, you don't need to click on anything that doesn't interest you. If scrolling past the "Thread About Nothing" is that much of an inconvenience for you I really don't know what to say.
No inconvenience whatsoever, I scroll past the thread all the time with no problem. If you go back and read the beginning of this thread, I was simply suggesting a theory as to why the traffic on TOV appears to be rather slow lately. My theory was in response to the OP of this thread, who made the observation about slow traffic lately. My theory is that most people come to TOV for relevant information on what is going on in the Villages and may be growing tired of consistently seeing threads that are about nothing.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
No inconvenience whatsoever, I scroll past the thread all the time with no problem. If you go back and read the beginning of this thread, I was simply suggesting a theory as to why the traffic on TOV appears to be rather slow lately. My theory was in response to the OP of this thread, who made the observation about slow traffic lately. My theory is that most people come to TOV for relevant information on what is going on in the Villages and may be growing tired of consistently seeing threads that are about nothing.
I think the site might be slow for several reasons. There have definitely been some contentious threads as of late. Confrontation tends to turn people off. It's also the holidays. People are busy with family and/or out of town. Repetition of topics. SSDD.. And of course some people may be turned off by NOTHING.

But as far as people coming here for relevant information, yes and no. In my opinion some people come here as a form of daily communication and entertainment. This is where they socialize. They like to keep in contact with others even if it isn't relevant.

Some are here to be helpful. I haven't seen many questions of relevance go unanswered. If someone knows the answer they will reply. At times even if no one knows the answer they will reply with a guess. Some threads get so hijacked away from their intended topic that they become irrelevant. All of these things can contribute to the perceived decrease in forum participation.

There is no one right answer.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Good weather! I notice more activity on bad weather days.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Maybe it's the Christmas Season and there is less complaining.

Maybe, just maybe.

Closed Thread

Tags
includes, numerous, point, classifieds, big

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.