I"m confused

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to troubletog
Default I"m confused

Ok, I'm looking at resale homes and some are listed as Lady Lake but appear to be in The Villages. One is on Cortez Ave and one is on Burgos Dr. Can anybody explain to me if these properties are in The Villages?
Thanks.
West Harwich, MA
Wilmington, NC
TV soon!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Default yes, both streets are in TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletog View Post
One is on Cortez Ave and one is on Burgos Dr. Can anybody explain to me if these properties are in The Villages?
They both are indeed properties in The Villages (looking at my trusty Villages Map)

Cortez Ave appears to be in the Village El Cortez.

Burgos Dr. is part of Villa La Crescenta (which appears to be in Village Santiago? not familiar with that area, so not sure if it is part of this or if it stands on it's own)
Old 02-21-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletog View Post
Ok, I'm looking at resale homes and some are listed as Lady Lake but appear to be in The Villages. One is on Cortez Ave and one is on Burgos Dr. Can anybody explain to me if these properties are in The Villages?
Thanks.
Yes they are both streets listed on my TV street map.
Burgos Dr. is in Villa La Crescenta (? Village of Santiago) just North of the Polo Club off Buena Vista.

Cortez Ave is in Village El Cortez, just west off 441 behind the Rolling Acres Shopping Center, near Perkins I think.

I would think you could find either of these streest if you use Google maps or MapQuest.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Gold member

Those are definately in TV. I was thinking they may be listed as Lady Lake, because that is the post office our mail comes through.

I live in the village of Duval and my address comes up with a Wildwood zip code. Checked Google map and put in the newer streets in Duval and everything come up as Wildwood FL. Go figure.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to troubletog

I thought they were by looking on my map but they were listed as Lady Lake on Realtor.com
Thanks for the quick responses. Good to know I'm not totally nuts!
West Harwich, MA
Wilmington, NC
TV soon!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmealgirls View Post
They both are indeed properties in The Villages (looking at my trusty Villages Map)

Cortez Ave appears to be in the Village El Cortez.

Burgos Dr. is part of Villa La Crescenta (which appears to be in Village Santiago? not familiar with that area, so not sure if it is part of this or if it stands on it's own)
Depending on where you type the zip code on the internet you can get either Lady Lake or Thevillages as the location.

Yoda
Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 AM

Houses in the "older" (northeast) sections of the villages are listed as Lady Lake because that is the post office our mail comes through. I live in the Village of Country Club Hills and if I put my address and zip code in, it comes up Lady Lake although I am still part of the Villages. It was a little confusing to me at first too until I came here and started looking at houses and could see where they were located.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenj View Post
Houses in the "older" (northeast) sections of the villages are listed as Lady Lake because that is the post office our mail comes through. I live in the Village of Country Club Hills and if I put my address and zip code in, it comes up Lady Lake although I am still part of the Villages. It was a little confusing to me at first too until I came here and started looking at houses and could see where they were located.
I live way South in TV, closer to the Fruit Land Park Post Office than Lady Lake. When I needed a new PO Box key, I had to go to the Lady Lake PO.

Yoda
Old 02-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Default Lady lake/villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I live way South in TV, closer to the Fruit Land Park Post Office than Lady Lake. When I needed a new PO Box key, I had to go to the Lady Lake PO.

Yoda
I have a Carriage House Villa in Spanish Springs. It is in The Villages and it is in Lady Lake. I get mail addressed both ways, same zip code. (32159)
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
I have a Carriage House Villa in Spanish Springs. It is in The Villages and it is in Lady Lake. I get mail addressed both ways, same zip code. (32159)
We live in Silver Lake and get mail addressed to The Villages and Lady Lake (32159). Sometimes if I buy something online I "have" to use Lady Lake...but not always.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
Those are definately in TV. I was thinking they may be listed as Lady Lake, because that is the post office our mail comes through.

I live in the village of Duval and my address comes up with a Wildwood zip code. Checked Google map and put in the newer streets in Duval and everything come up as Wildwood FL. Go figure.
If you want to check zip codes go to the source - usps.com. I have tried a number of streets using the "find a zip code" button. For example, if you type in Day Lily Run, Lady Lake FL it will give you the information listing Lady Lake as the city. If you type in Day Lily Run, The Villages FL it will give you the information listing The Villages as the city. This happens in a lot of communities across the country. The post office that serves TV is Lady Lake but the post office also recognizes The Villages.

I used to get this all the time in Santa Barbara California. Montecito is a very exclusive area (think $$$, movie stars, etc.) served by the Santa Barbara post office. Those residents wanted to distinguish themselves as living in Montecito. Over the years Montecito became more widely recognized as it's own community, the same thing has happened in TV. So, some people that live in what is considered Montecito live within the city limits of Santa Barbara - same here, some people that live in what is considered The Villages live within the city limits of Lady Lake.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.