I need to find a vendor to fix my gas grill (Weber)

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2023, 02:12 PM
Default I need to find a vendor to fix my gas grill (Weber)

Can anyone recommend someone local who works on gas grills?
Old 02-07-2023, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juscause View Post
What's the issue you're having with it?
Old 02-07-2023, 04:34 PM
Default While the igniter works, the flame will not spread to the burners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
What's the issue you're having with it?
While the igniter works, the flame will not spread to the burners.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Check for spiders nests or similar debris in the gas path to the burners. If there is no flame at all, check to see if you accidentally activated the gas valve safety feature. this cuts of the gas supply for a broken hose. Your grill will have instructions on how to reset. I have cleaned and recently rebuilt 2 weber grills, and these are the items I found to be the problems.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:44 PM
Veteran member

If you see a flame on part of the burner, this typically means that the burner holes are clogged. I used a needle to clean out the holes and then the burner worked like new. Make sure the burner is cool and the gas is off!
Old 02-07-2023, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

When is it windy, I have this same problem with our OLD Weber gas grill. I don't want to give up this gem as they just don't make 'em like they used to.

The part at fault is some sort of wind protector. It is a small piece of metal which, on my grill, has about 25% rusted out. On normal, non windy days, the grill lights with no problem. I feel your pain. Hope you can locate the part and replace it.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Are you getting low flames
Old 02-07-2023, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Give this technique a try. I’ve done it in the past, with success. Although recently I had to replace the regulator on my Weber ($50) and it works properly now. Prior to this I was getting low flames and only a portion of the burners lit.

How To Reset your BBQ Grill Regulator | Palm Beach Grills
Old 02-08-2023, 05:37 AM

Went out and purchased a new one, not worth having an accident
Old 02-08-2023, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Check for spiders nests or similar debris in the gas path to the burners. If there is no flame at all, check to see if you accidentally activated the gas valve safety feature. this cuts of the gas supply for a broken hose. Your grill will have instructions on how to reset. I have cleaned and recently rebuilt 2 weber grills, and these are the items I found to be the problems.
I vote Village tinker "TOTV member of the year", you are so helpful to all of us.... Because of you, this really is "Florida's friendliest hometown"
Old 02-08-2023, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

JB's grill cleaning and repair is the one to call. He was having health issues about 6 months ago, not sure if he has recovered, but worth a phone call to find out. 352-459-9936
Old 02-08-2023, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Give this technique a try. I’ve done it in the past, with success. Although recently I had to replace the regulator on my Weber ($50) and it works properly now. Prior to this I was getting low flames and only a portion of the burners lit.

How To Reset your BBQ Grill Regulator | Palm Beach Grills
I have had to perform the reset procedure mentioned in the above posts a few times with my Weber. I believe I am using the proper procedures to shut it off and start it again but I've still needed the reset. The process is very easy though I'm not patient enough to wait the full two minutes that it calls for.

I have found that a small paperclip is just the right size for cleaning the holes in the burner.

You should also consider removing the burner entirely and shaking out any rust that has accumulated inside. This will also help you see if there are bugs or webs that need to be cleaned out.

One time I needed to clean a web behind the orifice/jet that allows propane into the burner. The open end of the burner fits around a small tube coming out of the regulator. The orifice/jet will be at the end of this tube. On my weber it was a brass (or brass-like) part with a tiny hole in the end. Mine also had fittings so that I could use a small wrench to unscrew it from the tube. I found a web behind it.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-08-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
YouTube almost always has video instructions for how to fix common problems such as this one. Suggest a quick search before spending good cash. I suspect the problem is as simple as some of the responders have suggested (e.g. plugged jets).
Old 02-08-2023, 07:57 AM

Thank you to all the excellent posters! I went ahead and You Tubed it, finding the perfect part to replace the entire burner system for only $42. (Amazon priced it at $101!).

Waiting on receipt of the package--- the problem was a hole on the underside of the burner near the ignition point, basically stopping the flame from spreading to the burners. And, of course after 6 years, the holes were partially plugged. My problem became obvious when I figured out how to remove the burners and saw the big metal defect.

Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Grill

Quote:
DIY so easy all parts available Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, last resort Amazon. Plenty of videos on YouTube

Tags
gas, works, local, recommend, weber

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.