I need to find a vendor to fix my gas grill (Weber)

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2023, 09:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to CCristella Send a message via Yahoo to CCristella
Default Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by juscause View Post
Can anyone recommend someone local who works on gas grills?
Go on you Tube ,it will show you how to fix it!
Old 02-08-2023, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Check for spiders nests or similar debris in the gas path to the burners. If there is no flame at all, check to see if you accidentally activated the gas valve safety feature. this cuts of the gas supply for a broken hose. Your grill will have instructions on how to reset. I have cleaned and recently rebuilt 2 weber grills, and these are the items I found to be the problems.
They are one of the easiest to fix. Easy getting parts at ace hardware.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Thank you to all the excellent posters! I went ahead and You Tubed it, finding the perfect part to replace the entire burner system for only $42. (Amazon priced it at $101!).

Waiting on receipt of the package--- the problem was a hole on the underside of the burner near the ignition point, basically stopping the flame from spreading to the burners. And, of course after 6 years, the holes were partially plugged. My problem became obvious when I figured out how to remove the burners and saw the big metal defect.

Thanks again!
When you find such a spread 42 to 101, more than twice, be sure they are the same. Perhaps the less expensive one requires that you purchase another item to complete the repair. Also, there are knock off parts. Perhaps not the same quality. Or in mail order the lowest priced place gets the calls. No shortage of scams that one is sold but the original will cost you. Or one includes shipping and the other charges 59 for shipping and insurance.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:41 PM
Default Paula Pearl

I don't know the answer to your question but we have a Weber Gas Grill and would also love the name and number of someone that could help with repairs if you find one.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:24 PM
Default Fix

Quote:
While the igniter works, the flame will not spread to the burners.
Remove flavor bars. Clean burners with wire brush. Try to light. If no joy, use small nail, put it in every burner hole and wiggle it around. Try to light again. It should work. Let me know if this works for you.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:57 PM
Default Weber grill

I had the same problem and after pricing new webers I spent about $50 on parts and my grill works perfectly. Replaced the regulator and the tube with the holes all along it with weber parts.
Old 02-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima72 View Post
I had the same problem and after pricing new webers I spent about $50 on parts and my grill works perfectly. Replaced the regulator and the tube with the holes all along it with weber parts.
I did the same thing with my Genesis. That being said, I've looked at the GENESIS E-335, which has some really cool features.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, works, local, recommend, weber

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.