I saw it again

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy I saw it again

today. Golf cart making a quick left turn from the m/m lane on Stillwater to go down a side street. An accident waiting to happen.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Saw it

That time of the year, or that stage of life? I haven't seen a car with out-of-state tags try to enter the M/M yet this year, but expect to.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I see it everyday don't understand people.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I saw three Sandhill Cranes crossing Hillsborough this morning. They were not in a crosswalk.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
today. Golf cart making a quick left turn from the m/m lane on Stillwater to go down a side street. An accident waiting to happen.
Hopefully someone will tell them before the get nailed by another vehicle unless they will be defiant and do it anyway!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:53 PM
Platinum member

Yesterday we had to stop a man from continuing to drive his golf cart on the sidewalk. Had to tell him to use the street and marked lane. It's a wounder that they made it in life this far.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,460 Times in 3,088 Posts

We were taking a cart back to our rental, from Spanish Springs square a couple years ago when we visited for the first time. It was night-time and drizzly, and difficult to see with all these tunnels and turnabouts and merges and what-nots. The rain made it very difficult to see the road at all, let alone where we were trying to go. Somehow - we ended up on the main road instead of the golf cart path. It was very obvious we weren't supposed to be there but we couldn't figure out how to get back to the path. We were on the bridge. So - we hopped the curb.

I imagine this isn't all that uncommon. Judging by the plethora of posts complaining about golf carts where they shouldn't be, it seems to be a VERY common thing. What surprises me, is that any of you are surprised.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
We were taking a cart back to our rental, from Spanish Springs square a couple years ago when we visited for the first time. It was night-time and drizzly, and difficult to see with all these tunnels and turnabouts and merges and what-nots. The rain made it very difficult to see the road at all, let alone where we were trying to go. Somehow - we ended up on the main road instead of the golf cart path. It was very obvious we weren't supposed to be there but we couldn't figure out how to get back to the path. We were on the bridge. So - we hopped the curb.

I imagine this isn't all that uncommon. Judging by the plethora of posts complaining about golf carts where they shouldn't be, it seems to be a VERY common thing. What surprises me, is that any of you are surprised.
Describing your own mistake, and then finding fault with everybody else.

Now THAT is surprising.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 11-14-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post

You were on the bridge---in the rain---in the dark---in a golf cart---and you jumped the curb---in the golf cart.

Somehow, I just can't picture that. That curb is so high that it would be nearly impossible to jump it in a car, much less than in a golf cart. Is their more to the story?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Moderators: How about a special section of the forum just for "I saw a bad (car/cart) driver do ............ " posts? It should be before the "When is Costco Coming" section.
Closed Thread

Tags
stillwater, lane, side, waiting, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.