I see some people walking dogs without a leash. Is that allowed?

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Founder
Default I see some people walking dogs without a leash. Is that allowed?

Fairly often I see people allowing their dogs to run without a leash. Is there a way to get a special permit? Do you ever say anything to people who have their dogs off the leash.

The other day a group of dog owners told a friend of mine that they are working on getting the dog leash ordinance repealed. I guess their belief is that pets should be allowed to run free here. I'm not so sure that's a good idea.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Default Re: I see some people walking dogs without a leash. Is that allowed?

Hi, I understand your concerns, with most dogs yes, I agree...personally some dogs are more friendlier that some people

I have a dog, she is about 4 whole lbs, will not leave my side, walks right next to me with every step!!....she was abused prior to my getting her, and she can not have anything place around her neck, as any slight pull begins to choke her, and could kill her...so no lease can be used, but I can assure you she is harmless to anyone...I am sure you will see her soon, as I am moving to the Villages in mid Dec In reply to your question, determine how the animal behaves without being on that lease, before any comment is made. I believe making not being so quick to react before I speak out. Hope that helps
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Founder

When you move to the Villages, be careful with the leash thing. There are strict covenants here about dogs and leashes. The sheriff visited the people down the street last week and gave them a ticket for not having a leash. :cop:
Old 12-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Gold member

We have leash laws here too in some areas. I had a dog that absolutely hated to have anything around his neck. He'd pull, jump and basically freak out. I tried a harness type leash and he didn't seem to mine it at all. May be something to try with your pup if she can't have anything around her neck. It will keep you our of trouble with the leash police too.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.