where to mail stamped letter?

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Default where to mail stamped letter?

I have a stamped letter I'd like to mail, but I don't see, like on many street corners in my previous town, an official blue upright standing mailbox. In the mailbox area in the rec center where I now pick up my mail here in TV, there's a metal box with a slot that's on the wall. Is that where I drop stamped envelopes? Yes, I wear reading glasses but no, I didn't see a sign on it that it's a mailbox drop. Should I be going to the nearest Ship Safe store? thx!
Old 05-07-2019, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarron01 View Post
I have a stamped letter I'd like to mail, but I don't see, like on many street corners in my previous town, an official blue upright standing mailbox. In the mailbox area in the rec center where I now pick up my mail here in TV, there's a metal box with a slot that's on the wall. Is that where I drop stamped envelopes? Yes, I wear reading glasses but no, I didn't see a sign on it that it's a mailbox drop. Should I be going to the nearest Ship Safe store? thx!
Yes. There is a slot at the postal stations in each village, appropriately marked for mail to be inserted.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Any of the postal stations in The Villages have mail drop slots.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
...in the rec center where I now pick up my mail here in TV, there's a metal box with a slot that's on the wall...but I didn't see a sign on it that it's a mailbox drop.
Ours has a "Drop Mail Here" sign on it, so you may want to try another Mailbox place or ask at your rec center
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM

Thanks for the quick responses! Will use my Mother's Day card as the test of the drop slot.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Mine has a pull down bin for new mail, and a slot above it for mail that was delivered to the wrong address.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:36 AM

At our mail station the lower slot is designated for outgoing mail. The upper slot is designated for “mis-throws”, mail the carrier sorted into the wrong box, which he/she can place correctly upon return next day.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, there are also 3 GRAY mail slots that are for specific NON STAMPED mail, do not use these for your USPS mail.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:08 AM

UPDATE: Wondered why Photo1902 wrote: "appropriately marked for mail to be inserted." Ah-ha! It's not the huge metal box w/slot that DOESN'T have writing on it but the small slotted mailbox in the middle of a bunch of other mailboxes that IS MARKED with the USPS logo. Was my lucky day b/c a mailman was there, showed me the correct slot, and told me the amenity fee goes in the other box. Mother's Day card will now arrive on time.
Closed Thread

Tags
mailbox, stamped, mail, drop, letter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.