I thought there were no fences allowed

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I think the message is clear here. We have two types of people. One who have a need for absolutism and rules. There are no shades of grey, only black and white.

The other type tends to be more open minded, and will use common sense when considering the "intent" of the rule.

This thread has reminded me how much I value my neighbors who fall into the common sense category. And if we do have disagreements, they will be open and honest talk to my face about what is bothering them.
Allow me to apologize in advance, but I am one of those seem to be non "open minded, and apparently have no "common sense".

I believe that rules are rules......I believe you know those rules AND ACCEPT THEM.....BEFORE you make a decision. I expect my neighbors to also be responsible and to know and abide by the rules.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema54 View Post
Wow I never thought one question would cause such an uproar. You all have your own and some very strong opinions. I could even bet that a few of you went out in search of the offenders. The question was answered, thank you to all who were civil. I understand that rules are rules, but sometimes the rules need to be bent and in some cases rules need to be broken because it's stupid rule to begin with. In this case maybe they need the doggie area because of a disability, maybe the rule needs to be bent. Maybe they just didn't read the rules. Maybe they read them and are trying to get away with putting up a fence. Why it was done isn't the issue. The question was is it allowed? Question answered, end of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Or maybe, just maybe, they violated the rule because they just wanted to do it their way "just because." This is nothing more than another form of selfishness. It's also not that complicated.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.