Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   I wish the Villages had a ........ (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/i-wish-villages-had-11498/)

jjdees 01-24-2008 10:41 PM

Re: I wish the Villages had a ........

A buyer for our house in N. Atlanta ;D

beady 01-24-2008 10:47 PM

I agree with The Gray Hog. :agree:

Recharging stations at the restaurants and markets.

Don't know what Timmy's is :dontknow: :dontknow:

Another vote for secure gates in every village

ouma1938 01-24-2008 10:49 PM

Doggone it Nonie, you beat me to it. I was going to say Me. But what the heck, I'll say it anyway. I wish the Villages had me, and hubby Dewey!
Barbara

redwitch 01-24-2008 10:57 PM

Nonie, Ouma, JJ and all who can't be here yet, those of us who are here agree. We want you here, too!!!!

jjdees 01-24-2008 11:10 PM

Happy Birthday Red, Wish we could have been there. One of these days.................

handieman 01-25-2008 12:25 AM

I'ma gonna call the topicop :cop:
I wanna see a golf cart drive in movie complete with drive up berms to lift the front of your cart and room along side for a "chaise for two"
Handie :joke:

villager99 01-25-2008 12:55 AM

the wish for public transportation in tv needs to be changed to wishing for better public transportation as sumter county transit does provide both scheduled bus service thru tv
primarily to shopping plazas.,as well as door to door service primarily for doctor's appointments both in TV and in a limited way outside of sumter county. 568-MOVE.

PJ 01-25-2008 01:10 AM

I agree w/MMC24's list, especially that we need actual security gates for every Village.

Also agree w/Handie's suggestions. I think Trolley Service would be great.

We also need:

Another facility like Katie Belle's, as it gets very crowded
Trader Joe's
JoAnne Fabrics
Calico Corners
Hobby Lobby
Michael's

I was in Michael's in Ocala today, and the cashier told me that Michael's will open in TV in Oct. 08. I hope it's true! I had previously seen somewhere that an AC Moore is coming to TV. I'd be happy with either, as they are fairly similar AFAIK.

lm01 01-25-2008 01:28 AM

A real good seafood place serving Chesapeake Bay style food. Mummmmmmmm

bamafan 01-25-2008 02:33 AM

In addition to all previously mentioned, Yes you too Nonie, I would like to have afforable fitness centers. Included with my amenity fees of course.

Ooper 01-25-2008 03:28 AM

Red Lobster

nONIE 01-25-2008 04:13 AM

Bereavement support group. It seems there is always an ongoing need for this type of group. We all lose loved ones at one time or another and I know how helpful this type of group can be at such a devastating time. :'(

whartonjelly 01-25-2008 06:17 AM

remember you are not building an empire but a lifestyle. someone posted this last year to remind people about the simple life. I can not wait to move there.

chelsea24 01-25-2008 07:22 AM

Speaking from the other side of town near The Colony Plaza, I would like to see a Starbucks, a SuperTarget (not just a Target) more fast food places. I agree with a Joann's, Michaels, etc. I know they're just building Colony up, so I'll try to be patient. I would also like to see a good old diner/coffee shop, and I've always liked Denny's! Also, ditto on the security gates.

Avista 01-25-2008 11:50 AM

I know a lot of people would like to see real security gates. We were told when we lived in another part of Florida, that if we would "gate" our community, we would then be responsible financially for our roads. The county would no longer keep them up as they do not keep up roads that limit access. This is just a thought. Is having a "real security gate" important enough that we would want the expense of the upkeep of our streets.