I wish the Villages had a ........

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Default Re: I wish the Villages had a ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
I'ma gonna call the topicop :cop:
I wanna see a golf cart drive in movie complete with drive up berms to lift the front of your cart and room along side for a "chaise for two"
Handie :joke:
No berms but the golf cart drive in movies that have been held at the Polo Field a couple times a year are fun. Room for a chaise or two and tailgating if you want.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM

Places to walk with dogs.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 PM

Wishes do come true --- The Daily Sun reported today that Kohl's has bought 42 acres on 27/441 from the Benchmark Group (developer of the Rolling Acres/441 shopping area). I'm thinking that in 1 1/2 years, at the most, myself and hundreds of other women in The Villages are going to be delighted to be able to shop at Kohl's again.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Sage

Great - We can finally move there - My wife would never move anywhere without a Kohl's in easy reach!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM

For those who have never heard of "timmies' it is a Tim Horton coffee and donut facility which better than anything I have had in Florida. Mainly located in Canada but starting to branch out to New York state. For the lucky owners it is a "licence to steal"..I live in a city of 50,000 and we have 8 tim horton restaurants and all are incredibly busy all day long. They are all drive through(but you can go inside as well) so you just order your coffee and donut etc (they do have breakfast sandwiches as well) and you are through in a minute. Streets in town are blocked with people getting in line in the morning to get their 'fix". The coffee must have cocaine or something because people cannot start their day without it. Wish I had the money and the permission to start one in TV because I would be rich in no time and would treat you all to a great 'happy hour'.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Platinum member

Nonie:
Thursday's Recreation News insert in the Daily Sun includes:

Griefshare, meets 10am Mondays until April 14 at New Covenant United Methodist (behind Southern Trace Plaza). Call 750-4529.

Fairway Christian Church (CR466 just east of Morse Blvd) offers a 13-week griefshare program, Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Call 259-9305.

Grief Support Group meets Thursdays at 10am at Trinity Lutheran Church, Highway 441, Summerfield. Call 307-4500 or 1-877-832-2187. This is just a little north of the Wal-Mart on 441.

There's also a Compassionate Friends group (for those who have lost a child). They also meet at Trinity Lutheran. Call 750-2045 or 687-4005.

Count on it. There's support for just about anyone here in TV!

SWR
Old 01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by douga
For those who have never heard of "timmies' it is a Tim Horton coffee and donut facility which better than anything I have had in Florida. Mainly located in Canada but starting to branch out to New York state. For the lucky owners it is a "licence to steal"..I live in a city of 50,000 and we have 8 tim horton restaurants and all are incredibly busy all day long. They are all drive through(but you can go inside as well) so you just order your coffee and donut etc (they do have breakfast sandwiches as well) and you are through in a minute. Streets in town are blocked with people getting in line in the morning to get their 'fix". The coffee must have cocaine or something because people cannot start their day without it. Wish I had the money and the permission to start one in TV because I would be rich in no time and would treat you all to a great 'happy hour'.
Looks like there are over 3000 of these fast food restaurants in Canada and a few US states. There are even more of these than McDonalds in Canada.

One will come to the TV eventually especially with how often TV shows up on national TV.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage

Swrinfla,

Cant thank you enough for this valuable information. I had no idea about these groups but then Im not in TV most of the year. This is so good to know, Gracias! :bigthumbsup:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by douga
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Sage

Being from Canada, I'm a huge Tim Horton fan. In fact, I got so excited thinking about Timmie's coffee I just sent a blank post.

Tim's coffee is similar to the water in TV .... they put something in it that makes you return again, and again, and again. 040

Oh, and my wish is for a fenced Dog Park in TV. It is very much needed.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

OK how about an airstrip on the west side along the RR tracks...
and as they say in NY A Red Loubsta !!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:42 PM

While driving thru Ontario last year, being slow pokes on the road, many folks passed us by. But, as they had to stop at each new town, to get their 'Timmy's' fix of coffee, we saw the same vehicles pass us time after time in a couple of hours. One yellow sports job passed us three times.

A friend from Ont. is coming next week with a few pounds of Timmy's for us to enjoy. Maybe I'll call in security to guard the front door while we sip. ;D
Old 01-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

A Katy Bell's type TV residents only restaurant on the South side of 466 some where.

BTK
Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM

People have a hard time understanding the 'timmie's mania"..Actually just came back for there 10 minutes ago. Maybe the three of us could open a Tim Horton's in TV with a drive through just for golf carts. I am visiting the Villages for the first time in Feb. and should bring down some Tim Horton's coffee just to spread around and cause panic in the streets.

Who knows...maybe we will have a timmies happy hour..
doug
Old 01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Default Re: I wish the Villages had a ........REAL Italian Deli

;A real Italian store with the smell of olives.

AND did someone say the daily Sun/Republican newsletter is Democratically slanted??
Wow, what paper were they reading? :

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.