I witnessed a "warm-fuzzy" today...

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I witnessed a "warm-fuzzy" today...

Today the "ole-boy" was in Winn-Dixie and a little lady (guessing, in her late 80's) was having to remove groceries because she did not have enough money and the ole-boy jumped in there and paid for all her groceries....I bet all of you have witnessed Villagers with "warm-fuzzy" moments you would like to share..
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum member

Give him an extra heartfelt hug from all of us!
Good man.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Makes my heart smile to hear it but doesn't surprise me since he hangs around a lot with you, Jeannie.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Email Reported As Spam

jebartle: Your a good man. My wife and I have in the past contributed to people's grocery bill when they came up short.

What we all need to be aware of is if the same person experiences the same shortage day after day because one of two things is occurring. either the person is not being looked after or they are pulling our leg. Those homeless folks on 441 484, etc that are out on the medians all day long in my view are pulling our legs.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Sage

I'd say that giving should be done "without strings". Yes, there are homeless folks (we could all easily become one of them, given certain circumstances). It's the attitude (heart) of doing something good...NOT to who it's given too that matters.

It's on to the least of these.....it's not about me but thee!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
jebartle: Your a good man. My wife and I have in the past contributed to people's grocery bill when they came up short.

What we all need to be aware of is if the same person experiences the same shortage day after day because one of two things is occurring. either the person is not being looked after or they are pulling our leg. Those homeless folks on 441 484, etc that are out on the medians all day long in my view are pulling our legs.
I do not think those on 441 are pulling our legs. Just because they are not shopping at Winn-Dixie.Do not think it would be pleasant standing out there all day. Sometimes people gotta do what they gotta do.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I do not think those on 441 are pulling our legs. Just because they are not shopping at Winn-Dixie.Do not think it would be pleasant standing out there all day. Sometimes people gotta do what they gotta do.
Wow. Thank you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.